Jambands.ca

Live Aid 2 - Live 8

deranger

Bob Geldof has announced plans for a Live Aid 2 calling it Live 8 for the G-8 Summit happening a few days later. The really cool RUMOR is that Pink Floyd is reuniting to play it, possibly even with Roger Waters back in the fold. There will be a formal press release tomorrow, but so far it seems like the original Live Aid, there will be 2 shows, one in philly and one in London.

just received this memo......

We have had loads of emails from people worldwide (thanks to you all!) regarding the rumours of Pink Floyd reforming (WITH Roger Waters, too) to appear at the "Live 8" concert that speculation says will be happening at the start of July.

We have heard back from the band's PR company, who categorically state that they are not appearing, and we also spoke with Pink Floyd's management (PFM) today, who confirmed that all the talk of the band reforming is simply rumour - there are no discussions between the band members past and present ongoing, and no intention to open discussions.

Obviously if things change, we'll let you know. Bear in mind, though, that "Live 8" has not even been officially confirmed yet as an event that will happen... Bob Geldof, who organised the original Live Aid show, recently denied that any show would take place.

There are also rumours that the band will be appearing at this year's Glastonbury Festival. Again, no truth in this at all.

PULSE DVD

Whilst speaking to PFM, we thought we'd ask about the long-awaited PULSE DVD. Work is still ongoing, and it is now looking likely to be September/October for this two-disc set, which should include some interesting extras, and the main feature itself has received a fair bit of picture and sound quality polishing.

It is worth reiterating that any versions of Pulse currently being offered on DVD in various places worldwide, are all fakes. This includes copies that proport to be official limited edition pressings from a few years back.

As and when we have more information on PULSE and other releases, we will of course let you know... and our thanks to PFM for the update!

Edited by Guest

i heard on stern that the spice girls are going to reunite (with ginger) to play live 8.

maybe this will be the show of reuniting bands?

hey if drugged out rockstars can put their differences aside, why can't the rest of the world? i think that's a great message.

Now, if the Spice Girls would perform, but with Roger Waters filling in for Ginger, and with Phil Collins filling in for Roger Waters in Pink Floyd, and Ginger playing drums in a re-united Genesis (with Peter Gabriel), it might be worth watching...

Aloha,

Brad

If Philly has a similar lineup to the 1985 concert, ie. Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Eric Clapton, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Crosby, Stills & Nash and this time having the members of the Rolling Stones perform together I think I'll be attempting a trip to the city of brotherly love.

Must be that time of year again when the bullshit Floyd rumours start flying around.

Here are the Live 8/Live Aid 2 initial line ups are out and some of them looking pretty good but of course no Pink Floyd.

---------------------------------

Philly:

Featuring: Featuring: Will Smith (host), Bon Jovi, Maroon 5, P Diddy, Stevie Wonder, Jay-Z, The Dave Matthews Band, Sarah McLachlan, Rob Thomas, Keith Urban, 50 Cent, Kaiser Chiefs

London: Hyde Park

Featuring: Mariah Carey, Coldplay, Dido, Keane, Sir Elton John, Annie Lennox, Madonna, Muse, Scissor Sisters, Sir Paul McCartney, Joss Stone, Stereophonics, Sting, Robbie Williams, U2, REM, Velvet Revolver, Bob Geldof, The Killers, The Cure, Snow Patrol

Eiffel Tower, Paris

Featuring: Jamiroquai, Craig David, Youssou N'Dour, Yannick Noah, Andrea Bocelli, Calo Gero, Kyo, Placebo, Axelle Red, Johnny Halliday, Manu Chao, Renaud

Brandenburg Gate, Berlin

Featuring: A-ha, Crosby, Stills and Nash, Brian Wilson, Lauryn Hill, Bap, Die Toten Hosen, Peter Maffay

Circus Maximus, Rome

Featuring: Duran Duran, Faith Hill, Irene Grandi, Jovanotti, Tim McGraw, Nek, Laura Pasini, Vasco Rossi, Zucchero

Heres a link from Relix...how true the Floyd comment is I don't know,usually I take zero stock in some things from Relix and/or about Floyd reuniting.

Then again,it may not mean with Waters but just Gilmor,Mason & Wright.

Live 8 Preparations Underway 2005-05-31 14:22:29

After months of speculation, Live 8, the long awaited follow-up to 1985’s Live Aid, has confirmed its performance schedule. According to benefit mastermind Bob Geldof, Live 8 aims to raise awareness for poverty in developing countries and will be timed to coincide with Scotland’s G8 summit. Boasting free admission, Live 8 will unfold simultaneously in London, Philadelphia, Paris, Berlin and Rome, featuring a who’s who of music-icons. In a press conference held this morning, Geldof told the Associated Press, “We don't want people's money. We want them.” Geldof, a Scottish musician himself, will perform in England.

Highlights include U2, Paul McCartney, Coldplay, The Killers, Velvet Revolver and The Cure performing at London’s Hyde Park, Dave Matthews Band, P. Diddy, Stevie Wonder, Will Smith and Bon Jovi at Philadelphia Museum of Art, Faith Hill, Tim McGraw and Duran Duran at Rome’s Circus Maximum and Jamiroquai, Placebo, Youssou N'Dour and Andrea Bocelli at Berlin's Brandenburg Gate.The Rolling Stones and Pink Floyd have also signed onto Live 8. At press time the group’s performance location had not been announced. 1985’s Live Aid raised money for Ethiopian famine relief and helped turn the “music benefit” into a popular trend.

http://relix.com/cgi-bin/content_list.cgi?type=news&PHPSESSID=555ca68cec6cffc17b8b3870f6745622

Didn't Rogers sue Gilmor, Mason and Wright after the last tour Floyd did so they couldn't tour under the name Pink Floyd anymore? I can't confirm that, I just heard it somewhere... I really, really, really doubt Floyd will be playing Live 8... Mind you if it is announced I will do everything in my power to be in Philly that day (the city Floyd is rumoured to be playing)...