Jambands.ca

Izzy's Canada day weekend to be cancelled??

Dancin man

This rumour is true... i've just posted something about it on the ComeTogetherMusicFestival Website

"After much deliberation, it has been decided that there will not be a Canada Day weekend festival this year. Instead, everyone's energy is going to be focused on making the Labour Day weekend festival as good as it can be. According to Mark Wilson, "we are going to turn this mother out on Labour Day!" Stay tuned, as specific information about the Labour Day weekend festival will be posted in the near future."

Thanks for updating the festival web site, LMP.

From what I gather after talking with Mark Wilson, the feeling is that there just isn't enough time to pull off a successful Canada Day Festival at Izzy's.

Apologies from Mark W. to anyone who made plans around a Canada Day Weekend Come Together Fest.

Mark W. has stressed that there are definitely plans in the works for a Labour Day Weekend Come Together Fest at Izzy's ... stay tuned for more info in the near future.

Peace, Mark

There there ReDD, I'm sure we'll find something else for you to do. ;):D

But if this is what the wonderful Mark W is talking for Labour Day, it's going to be even harder to tear myself away from all of you and head to Moncton. Damn! To quote Mr. Pink, "Great. Now I'm totally fucking tortured."

not that i'm firm on any canada day plans myself just yet, but we dont need a festival to get together, have a good time and hang out. why not find a campground and bring our own tunes and instruments and have a good time anyways?

i remember last summer someone (MarcO maybe?) mentioned about having a scank picnic or something.. even if it was just for a nite or 2, i think it'd be a fun time...

brad, you know all the right spots to tickle me... sadly, though, barring an unforeseen miracle, such as shitting money, i wont be able to make it... im saving my pennies for a 9 or 10 day ottawa vacation for the bluesfest... they're just too close together..

but ottawa is definitely the best place to be on canada day..