Jambands.ca

Cash For Life lottery - what would you choose?

Basher

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus, at this point I'd take $10 a week for life. LOL

Really though, I know I could plow through $675,000 about well, 675 times faster than I could burn through $1000. I'd go with the weekly allowance and hope to hell that I didn't blow it all on Bombay Sapphire. :P I plan on being around for a whole lot longer than 13 years! Apologies, in advance, everyone. ;)

Well the biggest thing for me is that there is no fucking way I'm going to work anymore if I win the lottery. So... $1000 a week covers your expenses and allows you to save some cash (if your frugal). Whereas the lump sum gives you a means of living off interest while still having a nest egg. To me the lump sum makes a little more sense.

If I won the money I would take it all. I have actually thought about this so bear with me.

I would buy a large peice of property and build a house as well as a barn on it first. I would then build a green house as well as outdoor vegtable gardens. I would also purchade a cow and bull. This may seem harsh to some of you but I would use the bull to make the cow preggo of course, have milk and then use the baby when it's grown for meat. I would have assorted chickens for both eggs and meat as well. I'm not sure how I would go about electricty but besides that I would basically be self reliant. House payed for, animals and gardens for food, i'm learning to sew so I may even be able to make my own clothes and just purchase fabric. If it all worked out right I may even build a small community so like minded people could live off the land as well.

MAN, I WANT TO WIN THE LOTTERY AND GET THE HELL OUYT OF SOCIETY...

It's weird because I get asked this question alot because I am a huge animal lover. The cow wouldn't "have" to be used as meat but when your feeding a bull, a pregnant cow and then her baby you have to somehow make the money back used in grain and hay. I really don't care about money but eating the baby would basically pay for the upkeep of the mother and bull.

In all reality I probably couldn't even kill the chickens for meat and they'd all end up my pets with names...LOL.

When I was about 16 my parents raised 6 bulls for beef for there resturaunt. I bottle fed them and then grain fed them. Every night I would clean there stalls and feed them there hay. I guess it never really clicked in that they were going to die soon because when I got home from my mothes house one weekend dad had made this huge roast beef dinner and I commented on how good it was. He then said "well i hope you like it, it's bluberry your eating there" (blueberry was my favoutite bull) and i just about died. I seriously threw up and well didn't eay meat from home for about 6 months. You'd think i would have became a vegetarion.

Ok, that's one serious Wilbur story - sorry for reviving it, ReDD :( ! All life is suffering, as the Buddha said; pity that seems to be a constant, but I guess that was the point.

I remember spending a week at a countryside Catholic retreat in France when I was about the same age (student exchange; long story); I'll never forget the image of a couple of guys in the main courtyard chasing around a pig whose throat they had only half-slashed and who obviously resented their efforts. I didn't see how it all turned out, because they rounded the corner and I couldn't see from my window, but I think I stuck to salad and water that night.

Every bit of meat comes with some story or other....