Jambands.ca

Is Grand Theft Bus any good?

PhishyK

Roller, if you come across a GTB song called "OMA" (which stands for "One Man Army"), definitely give it a listen. It's not on the new album, but is on at least one of the last two shows I linked to, above. IMO, it's one of the best new tunes they've written, and a little more in the "epic" vein than a lot of their shorter "indie" sort of stuff (which isn't a judgement, just a categorization).

Aloha,

Brad

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the folks i know that dont go now are the money spenders at all the shows around here they go out to see all the live music comin through town...Maybe we're just spoiled we grew up to the bus and with the boys...saw them literally hundereds of times....thats probably what makes it soo hard for me to except the new album and new music....i associate their old stuff and the old vide with so many good times and memories...who knows maybe after i stop seeing them for a while..I'll be able to accept the new style and go with it..who knows! All i know is i'm definetley no noodle head ;)

Edited by Guest

"...who knows maybe after i stop seeing them for a while.."

There ya go. Its a good plan. That was always my complaint with the Phish kids and the Dead kids back in the day that complained all the time. Hang up your skates for a while and go back with an open set of ears and a refreshed head.

I sometimes don't understand certain people who claim to love and embrace musical change in bands, yet often turn their back on a band that has completely evolved and changed themselves over the years, rather than stay stagnant and just play the same thing over and over. For the record, I like the new Bus though.

Damn! Sorry Mike. It worked last week, but I could only that one up for some reason. It's the one of Mike & Dennis in front of Maverick's. I'll try to get the rest up this week. I'm WAY too behind in the photo posting. :( There are a lot of boat cruise ones as well...I think. :blush:

I always find these threads the hardest to read..especially when I see the word "hate" used in conjunction with musical change and/ or artistic direction. I know I'm a lot biased here...but let the bands play what they gotta play! Chances are if the band is happy with what they are doing....eventually that feeling is going to reach out to the audience! Would you not rather get an honest, passionate performance out of a band? Change is always hard to accept at first...it can take some people years to come around on that one. Grand Theft Bus...Jimmy Swift..Wassabi....Slowcoaster...BNB....you name it..if they are around long enough, THEY will all hopefully go through many musical changes...liken it to a forest that is naturally taken out by fire, so that it can regenerate for the future generations.

Well, unless I fully lame-out, I'm gonna check them out tonight.

I'll probably only see first set (as this week at work is going to kill me, even if I don't keep myself up to all hours at night), but I've been known to stay for second set against my better judgment if first set makes it seem worthwhile.

I shall report on the show some day soon (or else will report that I was a lame-o and didn't go).

hehe no. I got baked with my friends, ate nachos and watched Napoleon Dynamite, passing out around 10pm.

LOL

Good discussion tho'

*shakes head* ;)

hahahaha After all this discussion..baked+nachos+buddies+napolean dynomite=Goodtimes anyways....

Hey, I can tell you that if it weren't for this discussion, I was about to bail on going to this show tonight. I am way more intrigued than I was yesterday before reading this, and I'm definitely going; if only to find out that I no longer dig these guys.

I suspect I'll enjoy myself; though!

:thumbup: