Jambands.ca

What are you listening to right now?

PassedOutGuy

Guest Low Roller

That's on my list of albums I need to listen to in the near future...

Currently listening to Radiohead in Amsterdam, May 9th, 2006.

Yeah, but are those artists that make 33-minute albums charging half what the artists that make 66-minute records charge?

Aloha,

Brad

If the 66-minute albums only have 33 minutes worth of good material on them, I fail to see the point of releasing all 66 minutes. Quality, not quantity. I would argue that price is irrelevant.

I think that the concept of quality control has gone right out the window since the emergence of the CD. With the time limitations of the LP, at least artists were forced to choose their best material for release. Now, CDs get loaded up irrespective of the quality of the material, but people think they are getting a bargain because there are 80 minutes of music instead of 40. Bah.

Guest Low Roller

Radiohead- Hail To The Thief

I'm listening to this album wearing earphones for the first time. It's amazing how much better it gets... you can clearly hear all the little details that Radiohead puts into the studio mix completing their distinct hypnotizing sound. Awesome.

it's "Power Metal Fridays" in the office today (it was one of my terms of employment.. no Power Metal Fridays.. no thatpatguy)

I've got Maiden, Priest, Sabath, Dio, 3 Inches of Blood, Helloween, Hammerfall, Manowar, Megadeath, pre-Black Album Metallica, Motorhead, Pantera, Slayer, Probot and just about everything inbetween.

So much rage.. so much anger.. so much majesty!

I could totally do that.. is that a request? feel the lack of metal majesty in your collection do you?

and if I did it it would only be power metal.. no hair metal, thrash, speed, death, black, proto, or any of those sub-genres..

strictly power metal, meaning strictly songs that make you want to stand on a mountain top and have your open shirt blowing behind you in the wind and rain as you scream with the devil.. YYYYEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!