Jambands.ca

MMW tonight

mister slippery

i thought they had some solid groove, funky and diverse. I don't think I would have been pissed off had I have paid 35 bucks, but definately not satisfied. As it is I saw the show for free and saw some cats I haven't seen in a while. All in all fun night out...

regret: not getting there until 9 and missing Folk alarm...did they end up playing at the orbit room...MMW that is

I had a great time. The show was fantastic... funkier than ever...

Yes' date=' totally, I had a blast and thought they were just groovin'...so much fun...[/quote']

did they end up playing at the orbit room...MMW that is

Last night was my first time seeing MMW and I was really impressed. It was surreal to see the super-heavy funk grooves pour out of the tent and hit the "normals" walking by on a weekday night. I had a great time and it was awesome to see some folks that I haven't seen in way too long. Looking forward to the MMW set at moe.down.

so they got the Martin and Wood confused as well.

"Martin on what could have been a marimba, Medeski on a mountain of spooky electronic keyboard gadgets. Wood, on Fender bass, tried not to anticipate the groove that the percussionist settled into when he finally found his drumsticks and laid into his kit. Time began to roll away."

What are the quotes for?

AD

can'o'phish gave a mini review of his experience, without mentioning Folk Alarm or whether or not MMW joined them at the Orbit Room. fluffhead77 had asked earlier if MMW had indeed played the Orbit Room. So I quoted c'o'p and then quoted fluffhead instead of redundantly asking a similiar question... All I really want to know is if MMW played at the Orbit Room, which I doubt since no one has mentioned it...

No, the MM&W fellas did not make an appearance at The Orbit. I met them before the show and they weren't certain of their schedule...Martin looked like the dude Johnny Depp portrayed in "Blow"...hilarious...

The Orbit was packed though. Grooved to MM&W and then caught the end of the first set and thanks to Giggles who saved a spot for me.

New ceiling baffle over the band definitely has calmed down the sound, very warm last night, besides the humid-ditty...

And they finally printed up some T's for the Sisters...'bout time!!!

For those of you going to the Montreal show, wish I could be there because, as it goes without saying, it'll be smokin'!!! Have fun!

so they got the Martin and Wood confused as well.

"Martin on what could have been a marimba, Medeski on a mountain of spooky electronic keyboard gadgets. Wood, on Fender bass, tried not to anticipate the groove that the percussionist settled into when he finally found his drumsticks and laid into his kit. Time began to roll away."

what am I missing?

Martin on marimba (percussion) - check.

Medeski on keyboards - check.

Wood on bass - check.