Jambands.ca

House of Blues promoter/customer service?

headygouda

Last week I pointed out the fact that the big summer classic's website says the toronto show starts with umphreys coming on at 2pm, doors at 1pm...where as the ticketmaster website and tickets clearly say doors at 2pm.

So bradm suggested I email TM to inform them of this discrepancy and hopefully notify ticket buyers.

Well, after a week, I got a reply from them that basically says..whatever.. they're right, house of blues' website has the same incorrect time, but no links to email addresses for customer service so I can tell them too.

This is weak. Even though I'm willing to point it out to promoters, they won't listen!

Perhaps I should call up madison house instead and tell them to inform the local promoter that the times are incorrect. Hopefully the people on the other end of things (in colorado) would give a shit, after all, they DO want people to see all the acts, unlike TM or HOB who could give two shits about it.

WTF did I pay service charges for?!?!?!

---------------------------

Hello:

Thanks for visiting our site.

Ticketmaster is provided with all information by the event promoter, we

cannot comment on information on another website.

Thank you

Ticketmaster Customer Service

--------------------------

Definitely BSC. They have a schedule of all the bands. Its been saying 2pm start since the beginning.

I've emailed bsc/madison house to clear it up and see if they will do anything to inform HOB & TM.

Regardless of who is right, I want to be there early enough to catch UM! After all, thats one of the main reasons I'm going. It would be a shame if I was the only person there..well, I'd love a private show, but don't think I could get that circular energy going all by myself!

Hey there Heady Gouda... I happen to know that the info the promoter has posted on their site regarding the Big Summer Classic in Toronto is correct. Doors are at 2pm and the show starts at 3pm with Umphrey's. I believe the info on the Big SC site is going to be changed shortly - your post helped bring this to the promoter's attention. If anyone is still skeptical, coming over to the Island an hour early won't do you any harm - it's a beautiful place to wander around and explore.

I just noticed an amusing tidbit for this show..."Kids 2 & under free"...what?

I understand giving a freebie for a tot or toddler, but cutting it off at 2 is a little harsh..isn't it usually under 12?

Do the babies get ID'ed? Do they get the ol' pat down upon entry?

"Excuse me, sir, what is that in your drawers...Extra bottle of water? Home-made ham sandwich? Drugs? Is it drugs? It's drugs, isn't it.....eeeewwww....!"

Marky,

You can't post something like that without elaborating. If you have other details about issues with this show I am sure many here would appreciate it if you share with us. Remember, this board is a tight little community, so sharing information with us is not like sharing with a larger audience.

B

Regarding possible low ticket sales:

Even though this is speculative, I would once again say that there was no incentive to buy tickets way in advance of this show. I just got mine yesterday, and I am sure there will be a large walk up crowd.

You can't post something like that without elaborating. If you have other details about issues with this show I am sure many here would appreciate it if you share with us. Remember, this board is a tight little community, so sharing information with us is not like sharing with a larger audience.

Marky' Greatest Hits (Posts):

"BIG show in Toronto this summer"

"BIG news coming that I can't talk about yet"

"There might be a problem with a show you are planning to attend"

These qualify as useless information. Say something or say nothing. Reminds me of teases on news broadcasts - "Something you may be about to eat could KILL you - details at 11".

End rant.

Marky' Greatest Hits (Posts):

"BIG show in Toronto this summer"

"BIG news coming that I can't talk about yet"

"There might be a problem with a show you are planning to attend"

These qualify as useless information. Say something or say nothing. Reminds me of teases on news broadcasts - "Something you may be about to eat could KILL you - details at 11".

End rant.

What crawled up your rectum and died?

Damn Marky's comments got to me!

A friend of mine picked up tix for this the other day and the guy mentioned to him that the ticket sales are pretty low (apparently 800-1000) and the local promoter is considering pulling the plug.

But I dispelled those rumours, being optimistic, I figured there is no way that the local promoter has the power to do this, otherwise, they could always pull plugs on shows and really fuck up any given bands' tour schedule. Plus, there have been so many rumours of BSC pulling the plug ever since Zooma did, I can't take anything seriously.

I think 800-1000 tickets is pretty good pre-sales considering this is on a weekday, and I don't think SCI can sell more than 1000 tickets even at a normal venue like the kool haus. I figured this rumour was just to get more people to buy tix ahead of time, didn't think it could actually get cancelled.

Boy am I glad I'm going to chicago this weekend to get my fix of the big summer classic. Yonder too...

Guess I may be heading to rochester or cleveland as well!!!