Jambands.ca

Big summer classic, Who is going

jay sanislo

Hey guys i decided last night that i think im gonna make it to this show. I really want to see keller.

Its possible i might be going solo so i was just wondering who was all going and maybe set up a meetup for fellow scanks. I think i will leave hamilton around noon-1. How long does it take for the ferry to get acroos, i want to make sure i dont miss keller.

Aslo is the island ferry near the molson amplitheater, if not can someone lead me in the right direction. Thanks. Hope to see some of you there.

Hey Cyberhippie,

I got the Keller Williams DVD 'Sight' in the mail yesterday I'm going to try and watch it some point this week between Mark Knopfler and Robert Plant with TSOOL.

I'll say it again that I hope we hook up for the Big Summer Classic on Toronto Island. There is no other person I want to see the SCI and Keller with more than you.

if it's ON, we're IN (that's Dr. Evil Mouse & Spouse!)

KM, is Lacey also coming?

I never did get a reply as to what allergy I can claim and still bring in veggie wraps/pita & dips....?

Jay -- there is a streetcar you can take from Union Station (1 or 2 stops only) that will let you off close to the ferry terminal. Anyone recall what it's called? The driver will know at any rate. If you're getting downtown another way, the ferry terminal is directly behind a big-ass hotel at York & Queen's Quay streets. The hotel is called the Harbour Castle--walk to the right and behind it and you'll see the ticket booths.

gettin' excited all!!!!

Woohoo! This is gonna be fun (provided we don't have to swim there).

Deb, as far as I know Lacey's in. He's just waiting to see if he can get the day off. If not, he'll be meeting up with us later on.

As for allergies...claim the pitas/wraps are gluten free (made with potato/rice/etc) and that the dip is made of soy yogurt (and cream free). Hell, you could even stress the importance of having live bacteria cultures in your dip (acidophilus is good for digestion and to maintain proper intestinal flora). So Deb, the allergies you have are as follows:

-gluten and/or wheat

-lactose/dairy

-sulphites

That should work. Bring in your own dried fruit (most conventional stuff is full of sulphites). What time are you and the Evil Mouse heading over?

Damn!!!!

I am in on Tuesday, but I just got an email from District School Board Niagara, and I have to attend a meeting on the Wednesday the 13th to get on the occassional list for september.

Man, talk about bad timing! :(

damn is right! was hoping you boys would make it up to o-town for round 2... good luck with the interview though, man! :thumbup:

oh, and im in for the ottawa BSC. saddle-up!

i have one more question for people who know the venue. I am buying my ticket on the net, its too late to deliver it so i have to pick it up at will call. Is the Will Call before you get on the ferry or after?

Im pretty sure i will be driving up alone, so where do you think the best place to park is. Im wonderin if i should just take the train so i can do it up properly, but i am coming of of nights tues morning so i dont want to take any chances sleeping in and missing keller. What to do what to do. Regardless hope to see some of you kind folks up there.

sorry to bother you but how to i get to this main station and which TTC routes should i take to get to the ferry. Sorry for all the questions but i wanna make sure i find the place okay. Im coming from hamilton, i know how to make it to toronto, just not to the station.

Jay, I can look into it and get back to you. Sorry I'm not too much help. I haven't lived in Toronto in a while.

Taking the GO Train into Union Station may be the best bet. Follow the Mapquest link to see exactly where the station is. You're a pretty close walk to the ferry. You should be able to take the train or a bus into this station. I hope that helps.

Anyone else got any suggestions? :)

its havin to swim home that I'm worried about cuz I heard there is sharks and creepy aligators all around the island...dont miss that ferry

Hahaha! Steve, I imagine you'll be seeing all kinds of swimmy things in those waters. Rest assured though. I can promise you that most of them aren't going to be real. ;)