Jambands.ca

Go Sens Go - Fan Forum

rubberdinghy

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, the Refs... I hate calling it, but it was a gong show. Alfie got called running over Fleury, but Fleury was two feet outside of his crease... Alfie also got his stick on the puck, which means it was Fleury interfering with Alfie... not the other way around... at worst it's a non-call and let them play. The whole game was embarassing from a reffing point of view... 3 elbows not called, but every fuÇking stick work thing was called... unless it was against the Sens. Crosby also dove in the first, and Crosby and Bryan Murray had a yelling match on the bench. It was amazing we got a point out of it... the Refs clearly wanted the Pens to win...

Oh the coup de gras was when the linesmen broke up a breakaway pass when Preissing went off the glass to a streaking and all alone Alfie, and the linesmen batted it down outside the Sens blueline. It doesn't matter. The Sens are a team of destiny!

I've said it before, I'll say it again... thank goodness there are no shoot outs in the playoffs.

Our powerplay goal game on the first second of it at the end of a 4-4...

There is just no way we were the team that played outside the rules more. Everything will be much better in the playoffs when the games recieve more attention, and the refs held more accountable for their bias.

I also have a wicked headache, so before you nail me booche... let me say I already hate myself for having to whine like this.

CONSPIRACY !

Edited by Guest

I can't believe Kev beat me to the CONSPIRACY! call. Sheesh, you've gotta stay up late around here...

From what I saw the refereeing was brutal, maybe the worst I've seen all year. But going both ways, it definitely wasn't all in favour of the Pens.

I can't believe Kev beat me to the CONSPIRACY! call. Sheesh, you've gotta stay up late around here...

LOL ... i really don't think there is any conspiracy, but there have been a lot of games where the referees have been brutal. The blatant missed calls (especially when a player gets injured) and the miniscule "infractions" that DO get called penalties are a joke.

Does anyone here think that the referees are improving over previous years? Or are they declining?

With 2 refs, there's no reason that dirty hits and attacks behind the play should go unnoticed.

Its not like we are seeing the ruined triple play from the Blue Jays World Series run.

AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!

Why did you have to remind me of that? Oh, that was ugly ... grrrr.

I did have fun watching the great 15-14 comeback win by the Jays in the '93 Series last night on ESPN Classics. Good times :)

I know I am biased but how many worse non-calls are there than that?????? I used to own some baseball card I got at McDonalds years ago (hopefully I come across it again some day). It was one of the best shots you will ever see. Grubers glove is one the foot of the player returning to second with the Ump right in between looking straight down at it.

"SAFE!"

Its about the only time in my life that I wondered if there truly was a conspiracy in sport.

Its about the only time in my life that I wondered if there truly was a conspiracy in sport.

It's sad to think ... and there have been many times where it's true.

Get this: my uncle worked for years at the Forum in Montreal. He did a lot of 'tech' stuff for TV, radio, telecommunications, etc. Back in the late 60s and early 70s he said that there was definite manipulation in the outcome of certain games. Back then, you had to have a fair bit of lead time to install direct phone lines to various cites. When the playoffs had started, he said that most of the time there was only one city installed for their upcoming opponent even though the other series had not finished yet!!!

He said that you could never really tell who it was making the decisions and where they came from. There was definite "inside" action though.

Oh, yeah, just remember the play that defined the night. No penalty calls yet, Anton Crashes the net as the puck is getting there, skates behind Orpik, and puts on the breaks... Orpik decides to hit Volchenkov into his own goalie anyways, and Volchenkov falls through the net, trying to avoid the goaler...

A-train gets the penalty... the ref was 6 ft. away looking at the play... the replays were all to contradictary to the refs ability to properly see what happened. It was all down here from there... except for the character the Sens displayed squeezing a point outta that game.

Nice, back into fourth without even playing a game.

Those goons from Pittsburg got two Elbowing calls, a slashing and a boarding tonight against the Rangers... only stick work interference against the Sens... (ok, one elbow... but there were 3 not called, a couple of boardings, and if you're going to call goaler interference at the one end, you sure as hell better do it at the other).

1st Round... we are going to have Gratts in there for sure... Roberts... I'm looking in your general dircetion. }:(