Jambands.ca

COME TOGETHER INDIE ROCK STAGE: LOOKING FOR ARTISTS

Jay Funk Dawg

I think the "indie" label has taken two definitions as of late, one being the independent band thing and the other being an actual style of music including bands like Broken Social Scene, Arcade Fire, My Morning Jacket etc. all with similar styles and fans.

bring on the feces...

I think the "indie" label has taken two definitions as of late, one being the independent band thing and the other being an actual style of music including bands like Broken Social Scene, Arcade Fire, My Morning Jacket etc. all with similar styles and fans.

bring on the feces...

i wouldn't group MMj with the others there. they don't sound similar at all to me, maybe because i really dig the other two but don't like MMj very much. the fans may have similar haircuts and t-shirts though.

when i think of indie bands, i think of that shitty new fake punk rock sound, like those shyte bands that you listed, indie doesnt do it for me in that context AT ALL.

but the other definition as a band who does their own shit is fine by me, just dont go booking arcade fire at ctmf, well, who cares, im not going anyways

i think he's talking bands like the killers when he's talkin about new fake punk del. whateva, i like all this indie/new new wave/new rock whatever you want to call it.

isn't labelling hard ENOUGH with the genre's of music we listen to? how many times have we all tried to explain what kind of music a certain band plays to a non believer and end up naming every genre of music there is and ending with "and they jam it all out" come on.

ok now. as for this whole "new faces" thing. yes i love new people at festivals, don't we all like to make new friends? but i must say something about all the new faces i saw in may. i was ssssssssssoooooooooooooooooooo stoked for the fest that it was so busy and full. then the sun went down and all the creepy crawly sketchy local kids came out. hearing what appeared to be methed up high school boys calling out "hey hippy lady, did you shave today?" "oh i love hairy pussy, come on" in the dark was OH SO MUCH FUN. Walking around the big drum circle the ummm first or second night, i can't remember, think the second and hearing "oh man there are SO many chicks here, i'm gunna get laid fer sure! *snort* laugh *snort*" and to top it all off....leaving my tent for a not enough sleep still drunk pee in the early morning and almost stepping on a used condom was.....gross. yey safe sex, but ICK, put it in the garbage.

sorry, i needed to go on that rant. i like new faces. i love them. but i also like the heady happy vibes that ctmf has always been and represented to me. all i want is for that to continue. izzy's is a wicked place, and we the patrons should take care of it. we should take care of each other (to an extent). i dunno...i've seen so many scenes go bad with new faces that don't understand or care to. i don't want this scene to do that either.

ok done my rant.

oh yeah, last thing....there should bloody well be room on any stage for the tummies.

that is all.

edit to add: the condom was used....ewwww what are we, high school kids doing it in the ravine behind the mall? come on shelly.....COME ON.

Edited by Guest