Jambands.ca

Slip Ottawa

U.FProductions

Guigsy - I love you. Keep fighting for what you believe in and always walk towards the light.

After a 24 hour think while I'd love to see the black sheep happen I'd rather see a packed house. And I wasn't aware that the bands chipped in on the nero/freeker thing. It's the best space I know of in the Ottawa area though so it's hard to completely write it off.

Maverick's and Babylon will do but they fall pretty much dead last if your criterion is "find a room with a good feel to it". How important that is though is negligible.

Kingston was a bit of a joke as far as turnout (maybe 20 or 30 tops), but for those of us that went? Out-ta-sight!

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch out for Ottawa weeknights....some of us drink WAY to much weaksauce ;) (stole that from Del) to go on a Wednesday night...The slip may be a different story though.

I wish I could take credit for "weaksauce", but I stole that from Freeker, who I believe took it from PT...

Irene's is a great bar but I think it's too small, and although the sound in the room is good the sightlines aren't.

Zaphod's is sounding like a good option, although the weekend curfew does suck I'm guessing this will be a weekday show anyway.

In Zaphod's favour: Bar staff, sound, sightlines, downtown location, lots of toilets.

What's with all the Rainbow hate? I understand the Zaphod complaints (great venue IMO, but I hated playing there) but I don't see any problems with The Rainbow since they've broken their militant blues-only booking. Not the greatest club, but good for this size crowd.