Jambands.ca

Slip Ottawa

U.FProductions

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would they do the Black Sheep Inn? It's a place that I KNOW those guys would dig and there'd definitely be enough people to organize a bus for it. It is a small room and risky given it's out of the city but hell if it isn't the best par in the GOA

heart palpitations...

yes I can EASILY imagine an insane throwdown at The Black sheep Inn. :)

The Rainbow though....please god no.

....hmmm now that Black sheeps been thrown into the mix...I think I vote in order

First choice-Black Sheep

Second-Mavericks

Third-Babylon

Ooooooooh thanks for adding some magic to my day!!! :)

Edited by Guest

I actually think The Slip at The Rainbow would be good. It's a nice, big bar, with a balcony, and a big dance floor, and the taping situation (where I usually tape from: the balcony) is pretty good.

I prefer Mavericks to Babylon, though; even though Babylon is bigger, it's easier to tape in Mavericks than it is at Babylon (witness Weirdness having to set up his gear + stand in the middle of the dance floor the last time The Slip played Babylon).

As to The Black Sheep, well, it might be fun there, but, even with a bus there and back, it's a bit far out. With a bus, I think I'd prefer it to Babylon, though. So, for me, the ranking goes:

1. (tie) The Rainbow / Mavericks
  2. The Black Sheep Inn
  3. Babylon

Aloha,

Brad

Why not The Rainbow, howler? (That's not a challenge; I just want to understand your particular vitriol towards it.) Is it the sound? The layout? The barstaff? The crowds it attracts (which will vary to a certain degree, from act to act)? I've seen Mr. Something Something there a bunch of times, and never had a bad time.

Aloha,

Brad