Jambands.ca

Irene's saturday - Stephen Franke and Noises

bouche

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I met Stella finally. She was hanging with an old friend that I know from highschool in Kingston...Mark Frasier. I must say that it was a real wild surprise to see him there. Stephen knows him from Kingston as well, and we were talking about him on the way to the venue. Low and behold, there he was.

The sound sux at Irene's if you don't stick in the stage area. If you're back by the bar or outside in the courtyard, it'll suck. The SF NFTTS band sure as hell recognized alot of Sisters fans when they pulled out Rigged Noose for us ;) It was definately a fun night. My stomping boots were on.

Jacob 22 were a great opener again. We got to see more than one song this time. I love their funk delivery. I gotta remember that this band is local. They would work great with any out of towners that need the local band and draw for a gig.

Edited by Guest

Here's the set list I got from Stephen:

Set I

-----

Frigid Mouse

Hieronymous Borscht

(Just Like A) Chemistry Set

Cape Verde Blues

Hippopatamus

Call It Democracy

Bulgovia

Set II

------

Bettin' On Sunday

Closer Walk With Thee

Do Like Eddie

Half Moon Bay

Encore

------

The Red

Which of these is the Breit cover?

Aloha,

Brad

I like the sound of "Frigged Mouse" (certainly not 'frigid mouse'). Maybe that's a mousey moniker I can live with!!!

someone record a hot dance tune called Frigged Mouse, please.

Dave? Looking in your direction....just as soon as you get ordained for Kaidy Mae's upcoming nuptials (I know you have a lot on your to-do list, so I'll try to be patient!)

Frigged Mouse!!!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Wouldn't be surprised if Kevin's made that mistake himself, though not as bad as a couple of O-kids who thought his cover of "If You Could Read My Mind" was the theme from "The Greatest American Hero"...I'm startin' to think there's more than fluoride in Ottawa's drinking water...believe it or not!!!

The banter from Stephen about/with that guy is hilarious..."I'm channeling him, and he's feeling remorse..." (or something like that). (And the ignoring of him [he often was sitting behind me, and rambling, non-stop] worked for me. :) )

And let's not forget the "John Scofield remote control fart banter"...

Aloha,

Brad

I'll post my pic as my avatar when I get my real computer back... btw Bouche I ended up finding an appartment right across the road from where I work!!!! Woohoo! Sorry didn't get in touch sooner bout the biking in Hull, but life's been mental!

It was nice meeting you and I hope I get to meet the rest of you O-towners that I've been chatting with!

-Stell

stella, you were hanging out with an old friend of mine from Kingston. Mark Frasier was a great sight to see. It was very bizzare because Stephen and I were talking about kingston and discovered that we knew alot of the same people from there.

We were talking about Mark Frasier on the ride to Irene's in that converstation. Then, he was there! weird and spooky!