Jambands.ca

Things you hear when you go out to lunch!

LJFH

Says the guy at the counter of Mr. Sub to the customer "so hows the butcher business?"...says the customer "meaty".

Says the same guy at the counter of Mr. Sub to a customer directly behind "meaty" guy "So, how's the chip business?"....customer says "stale".

To the left of both "meaty" and "stale" sits an elderly lady who has a "snoopy sitting on his house" purse....

Douglas and I wanted to stay for a while and see who else might come in.

heheheheh!

Mr. Sub: "Soooo.....do yas both want cheeese?"

me & jod: "yes"

Mr. Sub: "Soooo.....do yas both want lettuce and tomatoes?"

me: "Yes"

Jod: "No"

Mr. Sub: "and you want just tomotoes?"

Jod: "No"

Mr. Sub: "Soooo.....do yas both want salt and pepper?"

me & jod: "yes"

Mr. Sub: "and do you want salt and pepper?"

He moved slower than molasses in January

Your mention of Snoopy brought back an "I heard what?" memory from some years ago.

I work in high tech, telecommunications equipment, to be exact. One of the pieces of test gear that we used to use was called the Chameleon, so called because it could mimic several different kinds of interfaces. One of the tests it could do is called the Bit Error Ratio Test, or BERT.

One group of lab stations was named after comic characters, and one of the stations was named Snoopy.

I was walking along a corridor, and heard a colleague say to another colleague, "Did you set up the Chameleon to do a BERT test on Snoopy?"

This caused a strange image in my mind, of a large lizard manipulating a big Bert doll near a large dog that looked like Snoopy...

I stopped, dead in my tracks, and said, "Lisa, did you hear what you just said?" She took on a blank look for a second, then realized the full impact of the sentence she had uttered...

Aloha,

Brad

Ha, one of our networks here at work is named after Charlie Brown characters.

Snoopy is the most unreliable computer we own, whereas Pigpen is a workhorse. Go figure.

I've heard the CIA's servers are named after the Seven Dwarfs.

AD

Spend your lunch hour on bank street as I do and you get to know the whole cast of characters:

1. The guy who wears leather pants and a jurassic park jean jacket

2. The woman with a poster that says something about government pigs haunting her...she wheels a huge cart around with soap, food, all sorts of stuff

3. The topless guy who carries a posterboard crucifix

4. The masked biker who conceals a whistle and blows it now and then to confuse people....easily my favorite.

"4. The masked biker who conceals a whistle and blows it now and then to confuse people....easily my favorite."

Hes a favourite of mine too, he's bordering on legendary, I'd say. I always scream something when he whips by, whether he's been blowing his whistle or not, I just like to give him a taste of his own medicine.. He looks like a cross between 'bob' from twin peaks and the pigfarmer murderer dude from BC- I feel like I could take him if he flipped out on me, but I'd probably just piss my pants.

Watch for the guy near the Pretoria Loblaw's who comes up to your car and tells you "I just dropped my wife and child off at the bus stop, they have to go get cancer treatment in Toronto and I have no money left". I tried to run him down once when I saw what he was doing.

One of my favorite things about Ottawa is that you can go from watching boring yuppies on Elgin Street to complete basketcases on Bank street in a short 2 minute walk westwards.

I like those guys who tell you that they're from Scarborough and they're stranded (without money) at the bus station with some sort of emergency back home- a sick kid or something like that.

There's a creepy woman at the Montreal bus station who tries to pull the same scam on Anglos. If you stand up to her, she takes off down the street.

Man, I hate having to spend time at the bus station.

"4. The masked biker who conceals a whistle and blows it now and then to confuse people....easily my favorite."

Is he the same dude who used to ride around on his scooter trailering is dog???? I have seen mystical bike man, yet scooter man is gonzo...

and whatever happened to Dr. Love? Haven't seen him in a while...