Jambands.ca

passport help

bouche

Out of all you kind cats that I know in Ottawa, are any of you one of these and willing to vouche for me?

* Chiropractor

* Judge, magistrate

* Lawyer (member of a provincial bar association), notary in Quebec

* Mayor

* Medical doctor or dentist

* Minister of religion authorized under provincial law to perform marriages

* Notary public

* Optometrist

* Person occupying a senior administrative position in a community college (includes CEGEP)

* Pharmacist

* Police officer (municipal, provincial or RCMP)

* Postmaster

* Principal of a primary or secondary school

* Professional accountant (member of APA, CA, CGA, CMA, PA, RPA)

* Professional engineer (P.Eng., Eng. in Quebec)

* Senior administrator or teacher in a university

* Veterinarian

* Minister of religion authorized under provincial law to perform marriages

Still working on this one, as soon as I've got my religion up and running. I'm just looking now for good phrasing for my charter, a fixed institutional address, and three more people to sign their souls over to me, and I'm set.

Otherwise, I wish I could be of more use, but I'm fresh out of university contracts, and I doubt they'd want someone who wasn't tenured.

cool beans Weezy! I guess that's my last resort so I can get to a resort. Dave-O, it does seem odd that you have to pay fees and you get nothign out of it. I guess that's why these guys don't bother.

Stonermtn, I'm not holding it against our engineer lady at all, but 'by-the-book' does describe her pretty well.

Ohh working on my passport right now for our trip to Panama in January. I sent mine to one of my old professors/boss.

Ms. Hux, Bouche - we should have a pre-vacation warm up party! Pina Coladas and Hawaiian shirts for everyone!

Great idea. I could use some warm Saki as well ;)

A P.Eng is required for certain job functions, like sign-off on drawings and such. It's probably more prominent in civil and mechanical engineering.

Dave-O (or Low Roller), isn't a P.Eng pretty much required for acting as an expert witness in court?

(I don't have mine, either. I know very few engineers who bother; certainly most of the electricals I know don't.)

An "expert witness" in court is anyone with specialized knowledge that the court doesn't have, that will assist in the action. There is no list of credentials that an "expert witness" must have.

For example, I know of one instance when a parking lot attendant was qualified as an "expert" to teach the court how the parking ticket system works in particular types of pay-parking lots.

An "expert witness" in court is anyone with specialized knowledge that the court doesn't have, that will assist in the action. There is no list of credentials that an "expert witness" must have.

For example, I know of one instance when a parking lot attendant was qualified as an "expert" to teach the court how the parking ticket system works in particular types of pay-parking lots.

Sweet. I can NOT wait to tell this to my buddy who is currently working as a parking attendant in downtown Cleveland. (He's actually in school for his master's degree too, and a TA, so he's 'technically' not supposed to hold other employment. That's why he took a menial job which is flexible. Not that there's anything wrong with being a parking attendant... A few weeks ago, he found a roll of about $400 USD on the ground in the garage. Held it for 2 weeks, then deposited it in his bank account!