Jambands.ca

Some thoughts on Vegoose

Basher

Guys,

I would like to talk to some of the comments in this thread.

I do not like Trey's new music. I think Trey's new music is really bad, and his takes on old TAB songs are just as brutal. That is my opinion, which I am entitled to. Please note that I gushed for Trey as much as anyone else in the past - even TAB. Yes, Phish is my favourite band, but that should have no bearing.

I hope that those of you interested in seeing Trey enjoy it, but I really don't see that happenning. Good luck.

And trey - thanks for the memories, I really hope you are satisfied with your new environment.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's funny to watch Trey lose his marbles.

last night' date=' before his acoustic set, he got all warm and cuddly and announced:

"For all the people who are going to lambaste me on the Internet for playing Phish songs...Fuck you!"

hello, Trey? it's me Marc. Please don't say "fuck you" to me because I don't dig what you are doing. You only make yourself look like more of a self-absorbed bubble head than you already did. Didn't want Phish to become a "nostalgia act"? Fuck you.

I don't know if he was talking to you personally, Marc0. It seems to me like an awkward joke from a guy who's fed up with people feeling like they have the right to tell him what to do...I wonder if that has anything to do with the Phish breakup...hmmm...

As a fan that wasn't shocked or distraught that phish ended (and also someone that thinks "Come as Melody" and "Shine" are good tunes) I spent a lot of time last August wondering if phish fans will ever consider blaming themselves,just a bit, for suffocating the life out of their own favourite band.

Jef

there's a difference between people telling him what to do, and expressing their opinions, positive or negative, on what it is he is doing.

and before I could respond to your premise of Phish fans "suffocating" the band, I would need to know more about how exactly you mean that. Because, in the context of post-hiatus Phish, I can't see that. Sure, some people were hyper-critical, I thought that was terrible. But how that affected a band who released two new albums of new material within 30 months and toured relatively sporadically to the point of calling it quits, I can't connect those dots.

it was cool bumpin into some of you guys... Basher(Brian) which is my name too, Schwa, and the rest of your crew that I can't remember their names..i'm horrible with names sorry. even saw Bradm on the last night.

trey did stink and so did beck

Phil amd Widespread were the best in my books

Moe and Jack Jack Johnson close behind...

it was hard to get to everyone I wanted too!

Heard heard tangerines by flammin lips which was cool...and a quick story arcade fire was telling about flying 26hrs to get there from africa or something...as I was walkin in to Panic.

Basher, based on your recommendation alone I'd love to go to Vegooose next year. I know this year I have just enough holidays to get me to some beach this december.

Did anyone make it to that super latenight phil set?

$20 * 26 = $520

That seems very low. What did everything cost?

LOL.

Yeah, I ended up getting a free night in DC.

My flight was 1.5 hours late leaving Vegas and I had a 50 minute layover in DC. First we had to go back to the gate so security could grab a heady girl off the plane. It was so funny - the pilot said that a passenger decided she "did not want to travel today" - yeah sure. I bet that something was in her luggage.

Then we push back again and there is a malfunction on an indicator light on engine 2, so mechanics had to come and inspect it manually. I missed my connection in DC by 5 minutes!

United gave me hotel and meal vouchers, but when I got to the hotel they had no rooms left (I wasn't the only one with this problem), so I called a friend in DC, had a couple beers, and crashed at his place.

It was, you guessed it, another Vegoose miracle!".

hehe....you edited your post didn't you! I read $20 / paycheck! Time to check the logs ;)

I'll put $50/pay away!

I certainly didn't edit the original post, at least not as far as I can remember.

I setup an account with ING Direct this morning - I am putting $30 a week away until next year. If you deposit $100 they even throw in $13 for you!

Basher, based on your recommendation alone I'd love to go to Vegooose next year. I know this year I have just enough holidays to get me to some beach this december.

Did anyone make it to that super latenight phil set?

$20 * 26 = $520

That seems very low. What did everything cost?

I did the Phil show. It was the ticket to have for the weekend... but... and straight up, I'm a deadhead first and foremost.... Phil is getting old.

We'll see how Buffalo is. He played til 6am and for sure the third set smoked. The first two were a little tired. The Ryan Adams songs were a little off. It might have been the crowd being tired the first two sets, waiting to get our 17th wind.

Third set was tight and on fire though. Jimmy wailed through the Death don't. And Saint Stephen obviously smoked. China doll was sweet. Actually, the China Rider near the end of set two was good too.

And Phil giving the crowd attitude after the second set was funny as well.

ps. Trey sucked.

The Ryan Adams songs were a little off.

First off, I trust your opinion because it is yours and I am not trying to be antagonistic here but did you know those songs before you heard them that night? I havent heard anything yet and I am excited to hear these interpretations because I love Ryan's music, especially a couple of those picks.

Goddamn, I love Ryan Adams!

having not been there, and looking at that setlist, i just think it's insane to play 4 or 5 ryan adams songs in a nite. in fact, i think it's insane to cover 4 or 5 of ANY bands songs in one night, unless, you know, you're doing like the 2nd half of abbey road or the middle of exile, or all of wesley willis' greatest hits, vol. 1 and 2.