Jambands.ca

Some thoughts on Vegoose

Basher

Wow. Vegoose pretty much blew away already high expectations. It was almost perfect. Everything worked out really well for us, and we had the best time possible. I would like to offer some advice: If you can put away $ 20 per week starting right now, you can party with us in Las Vegas next year. I have no doubt in my mind that Vegoose will go on for years to come. I don't think a "big" festival could be any better.

Friday October 28:

I hook up with Chris, Rosie, Jay, Kyla, Stapes, MoMack and Schwa in the Toronto airport - the fun begins. We land in Vegas at 2:30 and grab a limo. We made sure the limo stopped at a booze store on the way to the strip so we could load up.

Drinks and music in our swank rooms, and then after some food I head up to the Sahara on the monorail to play poker. I end up lasting 2 hours in a tournament, but didn't win any cash.

Back to the room then on to Trey. To put things in perspective, I was in the 4th row and fell asleep for 5 minutes during the show. I think his new songs are brutal, and his old TAB songs have a good starting 3 and final 3 minutes, with a bunch of suck in the middle.

Highlights of the show for me was Bug and Pebbles and Marbles solo acoustic. Anyway, enjoy the new path Trey, I won't be seeing you anymore.

Saturday October 29:

After a long night of fun we decide to hit the buffet at the Aladdin. Very good! We hop in a few cabs to the fest, which is REALLY far away from the strio, and arrive in time to get a good spot for Phil. Security was really laxed, and we headed to the floor in front of the board. Wow, the Phil show was awesome. It made us feel that we had already received full value for our festival ticket.

After the show we head back and party a bit, then go to see moe. at the Aladdin. Great seats, and as Chris said it best, moe. played a terrible setlist really well.

Sunday October 31st.

Pool and hot tub in the morning, then over to the fest earlier in the day.

We catch the last 25 minutes of Umphrey's, then grab a bite. Most of us then check out Ween at the Snake Eyes stage while a few others go to moe. in the stadium. I really enjoyed Ween, it was a nice appetizer for the halloween show.

After that we catch a bit of the Meters, and some in the group are interested in seeing form themselves how bad Trey is. I thought it was possible that his Aladdin show was a fluke, and I felt like going for a walk, so I went with them. It was not a fluke. Stinkorama.

Finally it's time for Panic to close the fest. Some of the Ottawa crew had not seen them before, and as you will hear from them, they are believers. It was an awesome set.

After Panic it gets a little fuzzy, but we scored a Vegoose shuttle ride back to the strip in a pimped out bus with leather sofas and lights on the roof. Awesome.

Monday October 31st:

After an early swim, dip in the hot tub and bite to eat, I head up the strip for a tour with Chris and Rosie. We have some $2 frozen margeritas and spend about 45 minutes in the massage chairs at the Brookstone store in the Venetian. Wow, did that ever do the trick.

Back to the hotel to get ready for Ween. We all get in our costumes (thanks Chewie!), and take a limo to the show. What a great venue at the Hard Rock. It was insane! Great show, and afterwards we head right back to the hotel for an after-party. In the end, Stapes and I went to bed at 9:15am, once all the normals attending conventions started getting scared.

45 minutes of sleep and off to the airport. There's much more to the story, but I am sore all over and that's all I can type right now. To check out my pics, in no particular order, go to the link below.

Now for a few thoughts on Team Scank:

I know that a lot of very special people to me were unable to attend for various reasons. I missed you all dearly, and hope to see you in Vegas next year. You all know who you are.

That being said, I had a fantastic time with our group. Almost everything went our way all weekend long, promptimg us to repeat over and over, "It's another Vegoose miracle". And while everyone made huge contributions to the fun, I want to give a special shoutout to Stapes. Steve was my partner in crime all weekend, and if you don't know so already, he is one of the finest people in the world to tour with. Thanks for everything Steve. I will be seeing you REAL soon, hopefully in Ottawa within a few weeks. I don't think I could hold out any longer.

:)

Basher's Vegoose Pictures

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI: he wasn't the only one asleep... but at least I woke up and stayed for the encore eh basher!

then on to Trey. To put things in perspective, I was in the 4th row and fell asleep for 5 minutes during the show....

ok, that made me laugh out loud!

glad to hear you made it home safe and sound, seems like you had a great time.

right on Brian.

it's funny to watch Trey lose his marbles.

last night, before his acoustic set, he got all warm and cuddly and announced:

"For all the people who are going to lambaste me on the Internet for playing Phish songs...Fuck you!"

hello, Trey? it's me Marc. Please don't say "fuck you" to me because I don't dig what you are doing. You only make yourself look like more of a self-absorbed bubble head than you already did. Didn't want Phish to become a "nostalgia act"? Fuck you.

it's funny to watch Trey lose his marbles.

last night, before his acoustic set, he got all warm and cuddly and announced:

"For all the people who are going to lambaste me on the Internet for playing Phish songs...Fuck you!"

hello, Trey? it's me Marc. Please don't say "fuck you" to me because I don't dig what you are doing. You only make yourself look like more of a self-absorbed bubble head than you already did. Didn't want Phish to become a "nostalgia act"? Fuck you.

I don't know if he was talking to you personally, Marc0. It seems to me like an awkward joke from a guy who's fed up with people feeling like they have the right to tell him what to do...I wonder if that has anything to do with the Phish breakup...hmmm...

As a fan that wasn't shocked or distraught that phish ended (and also someone that thinks "Come as Melody" and "Shine" are good tunes) I spent a lot of time last August wondering if phish fans will ever consider blaming themselves,just a bit, for suffocating the life out of their own favourite band.

Jef