Jambands.ca

Snow...

Del

WooHoo! We're getting snow here in Cleveland, and they're calling for 5-8 inces more by tomorrow. Sweet, maybe I'll be able to ski by Thanksgiving!

Sorry to all the snow haters out there... But I love it.

One thing bothers me though, on the way to work there was ~1-2 cm on the ground, and people are driving 20-30 on the freaking highway! Took me well over an hour to make a 15-20 minute drive...

Ah well, welcome back, winter...

One of the episodes of the Mary Tyler Moose show featured Minneapolis getting created by a brutal snowstorm. At one point, Lou Grant walks into the newsroom and says to Mary, "I hate snow. I hate the way it looks, I hate the way it feels..." with the full rant (which I can't remember in detail) including hatred of pretty much everything related to snow. I concur.

Aloha,

Brad

At one point, Lou Grant walks into the newsroom and says to Mary, "I hate snow. I hate the way it looks, I hate the way it feels..." with the full rant (which I can't remember in detail) including hatred of pretty much everything related to snow.
"I hate snow. I don't like its color, shape, temperature, how it feels or what it does, in snowballs or on hills or anything about it. It's a soft, wet, white, mushy, melting, freezing mess!"

post #8383

Bring on the snow..if it is going to be cold it might as well snow a Sh!tload!! I hate the dirty-snow slushy T.O. winters...bring on the white stuff (HA HA!!)

dude....i love you, but you make no sense.

i'd rather it be -20 and too cold to snow than -3 and snowing. they're both cold. one involves the dirty nasty mess you speak of, one doesn't. just wait until your little red rocket slams into your first ginormous snowbank...you'll love the snow then. wait until dufferin ices over just south of st clair...those big hills....you can't drive up em...you can't escape...sari will vouch for that. we got stuck around dufferin and rogers for an hour last year. all we could do was wait for the salt trucks.

snow sucks. having a 70 foot driveway when you live on the side of the lake with the snowbelt sucks. that is all.

im personally looking foward to getting a good pair of snow shoes this year and still getting some exercise in teh winter months

but i reallly hate the biting cold bitter winds that cut thru however many layers you are wearing, that wind can go, but i dont mind the snow

oo maybe i should try that...then maybe i can get my other ankle made into a bionic one, and have a matching set....mmmm broken ankle #2

i might actually try building a snow maze for my dog to run through. that might make me like snow. i really WANT to like it, but i just can't.

tooly, how much are snowshoes?

I may actually not hate it so much this year. I went out and bought a killer parka and I'm going to spend decent money on boots and also get long john's and really good socks.

I haven't had proper winter wear in many many many year...actually, I've never had a jacket filled with down and rated for -30 degree temps.

BRING IT ON!!!

i miss living in Windsor and its tropical Ontario winters. I have fond memories of wearing a hoody until january when i went to school there.

I do love the winter sports though. thinkin of getting a board and taking up snowboarding, i've been a skier all my life but have been pining for the ramps and halfpipes that boarding has to offer. skiing = boring to me now.

i like the new school aluminum ones 100-200 for my weight range, they seem to be a bit cheaper than traditional native-hand-made ones,

this site has a few dealers in hamilton area too

http://www.tubbssnowshoes.com/discovery.php

this site is pretty good, looks like quality shoes as well

lets you choose yer shoes, see what you're gonna do with em and whatnot

http://www.tubbssnowshoes.com/choose_shoe.php#terrain

adult_snowshoe.jpg

Edited by Guest