Jambands.ca

Suggestions for a family Ski vacation

Cully

My family would like to get away over the Christmas holidays for a ski trip. The resort must have cross-country skiing, and we must be able to drive there..I have been to Mt. Tremblant (sp?) before, but I found it super crowded and way too icey!!! Any suggestions?

stowe is great.. sugarbush and smuggler's notch are great places for a fam. vacation..

And Jay Peak is a great place if you want to lean more towards good terrain and snow... Nothing else to do other than ride / ski, but I think the hill makes up for it. Plus it's sooo close. Less than two hours from Montreal, I think it's about 7 miles inside the US border.

Depends how much you want a ski vacation vs. a vacation with some skiing.

AD

I agree that Vermont is a great idea. If you want to avoid the US, Mount St. Anne in Quebec is a great family oriented place to go and I'm sure has a ton of cross country options as well. It's not as huge as Tremblant, but the runs are great and won't bore you if you're there for a week or so. If you do get bored, there's also a place calles Le Massif which is close by and supposed to be quite nice as well...