QOTW: What did your mother tell you?

\/\/illy

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MY DAD---"SHIT HOUSE LUCK"

---"WHEN IS THE TIRE GOING TO HIT THE ROAD?"

OR WHEN i WAS YOUNG, AND HE WOULD FART, AND BLAME IT ON HIS IMAGINARY BUDDY --ALFRED.

i WONDER WHY ALFRED?? AS IN ALFRED HITCHCOCK?? OR ALFRED THE HOCKEY PLAYER?? HAVE TO ASK...

MY MOM---"YOU JUST WAIT UNTIL YOU HAVE CHILDREN"

---"YOUR BIG MOUTH IS GOING TO GET YOU IN TROUBLE ONE OF THESE DAYS, MARCUS"

"The songs are nice' date=' but there's too many notes."

my mom on the grateful dead.

[/quote']

HAhaha, that's funny Tim, when my Mom came to see her first Dr. Huxtable show (a band I used to be in) she said "I remember when a song had a beginning, a middle and an end."

i think that she tried to listen to Dead tapes that i gave her, but it was "too confusing." she thought the same thing after hearing The Rectangular Family (precusrsor to Harvard Mouse) jam.

"why don't you boys play some nice songs??"

Mom - also "if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all"

"eat your food. There are lots of starving children in the world who would love to eat what is on your plate"

"treat people the way you want to be treated"

"that's chicken...don't you like chicken?" said about fish mostly.

Dad - "I see said the blind man as he picked up his hammer and saw"

"eat your food. There are lots of starving children in the world who would love to eat what is on your plate"

My response to this one was "Bull shit, they've suffered enough". I usually ended up wearing my dinner but my mother's ensuing migraine made it all worth while.

my grandma used to always say "you better mind your ps and qs or else i'll pin your ears back"

I haven't read through all these posts yet so maybe someone already said this but, apparently, that expression originated in pubs. The bartender would use it when things started getting out of hand. He'd tell everyone to mind their own P's (Pints) and Q's (Quarts). I have no idea how true it is but it sounds plausable.