Joan

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

go green party go!!!

kangandkodos.gif

Homer: America, take a good look at your beloved candidates. They're nothing but hideous space reptiles. [unmasks them]

[audience gasps in terror]

Kodos: It's true, we are aliens. But what are you going to do about it? It's a two-party system; you have to vote for one of us.

[murmurs]

Man1: He's right, this is a two-party system.

Man2: Well, I believe I'll vote for a third-party candidate.

Kang: Go ahead, throw your vote away.

[Kang and Kodos laugh out loud]

[Ross Perot smashes his "Perot 96" hat]

I love the fact that Martin dropped a very important word into the mix last night.

NEO-CON.

Now I know that the Conservatives are not all Neo-cons, but I think that this could be the master-stroke (thank-you Scott Reid) that could keep Harper and the Alberta Gang out of power. If they can remotely be successful in painting the Cons with the same brush as the Republicians state-side, game over.

By the way, from a speaking writing angle, I thought that Harper's "fire in the restaurant" quip was brilliant as well.

Haha, yeah, I thought the neo-con dig was pretty funny. And Martin just dropped it in there so smoothly among the names of the other parties.

AD:

"Canadians have seen this movie before. They know when the Liberals scream about us, it's just a diversion. It's like the thief who cries fire in a crowded restaurant, so when no one's looking he can clear out the cash register."

I predict another Liberal minority government.

yep... expensive waste of time

lots of business people voting Conservative because thats what they do, people with more heart than greed being aware Harper would make Mulroney look like an old softy... reasonable number voting NDP because Layton makes good sense but too many average people thinking NDP = communism/vegan supermarkets for a hope of a win... Liberals winning a minority again because its the only relatively safe bet on a forward moving Canada... while expensive, the best time to live in Canada is when the Liberals are in power... another 4 years and then maybe one of the other parties will have a chance if there's another scandal or something

Feels like I just packed up the Election Advice page I had taped to our front door last time around (great for letting canvassers know what they're in for):

Vote Conservative, and the government will take your money and give it to the rich.

Vote NDP, and the government will take your money and give it to the poor.

Vote Liberal, and the government will take your money and nobody will have a clue what happened to it.

(Haven't thought of an ideal one yet for the Bloc, though.)

reasonable number voting NDP because Layton makes good sense but too many average people thinking NDP = communism/vegan supermarkets for a hope of a win...

They don't need to 'win'. They just need to pick up a couple seats. The minority government was functioning while the NDP still held the balance of power. Once they lost an MP - and thus could not guarantee her vote should the Conservatives and Bloc put forward a confidence motion - that balance was altered and the Liberal Party had no reason to keep playing ball.