Jambands.ca

6 years ago yesterday...

moe.ron

o.k. time to get mushy...

6 years ago yesterday in Rochester I met my monkey. I am so grateful to have you in my life, I love you with all my heart. Thanks to Phish for bringing us together. Thanks to Velvet for the ride (and introducing me to such an incredibly amazing person). But most of all, who could ever forget,

Jennifer Dances. ;)

i hope you guys aren't talking about the Rochester show with the huge mikes groove to open the second set?

Frankenstein to close 2nd set.

and ummm....i know there was something great in that first set.

Tube? wasn't there a huge tube in the first set?

Either way, congrats both you two...

Although i didn't meet my life-long-partner at a phish show, we decided the day after the darien lake show in 2000 that we'd be together....

ahh, that means that it's Tungsten and myself's anniversary as well (love you snookims). That was a great birthday show! I was dating a girl named Jennifer at the time and when I heard that song I too knew it was fate. The relationship lasted as long as it did on the Phish playlist.

PS moeron, I believe our 6 year meeting anniversary is coming up on New Year's, non? Time, she flies.

What is Jennifer Dances?

Just in case you're not kidding, "Jennifer Dances" is/was a song by Phish, which got played a few times in late 1999; in particular, when ABC broadcast Phish from Big Cypress for NYE 1999/2000, the song they did was "Jennifer Dances". It's pretty much universally hated by Phish fans.

Aloha,

Brad

the ABC broadcast from Cypress was actually a great version of Heavy Things....

the trey outro solo is still one of my favorites....

du du, ohhhh oh.

anyways, Jennifer Dances first time played was at that Rochester Show.....crap song.

Gentle, that maze was huge....twas my first.

(also my first time seeing the boys close enough that i could actually watch what was going on!)

That was a killer show. Other than Jennifer.....

Not to be a bastard Brad, but when ABC broadcast the boys I do believe they played Heavy Things. I was there but really don't remember too clearly.

I think JD only got played three times (about two too many).

That was the first show for my girl, and when Tube hit and she was boogying I knew it couldn't be wrong.

Top to bottom great show................

The only good thing about that show was the first set and the fact that two wonderful people got together. That second set was mainly bunkish, seriously, and my feelings have nothing to do with the Jennifer Dances.

"A little less salt on the gravy tonight"

(I guess I should add in congrads!)

Not to be a bastard Brad, but when ABC broadcast the boys I do believe they played Heavy Things. I was there but really don't remember too clearly.

I think JD only got played three times (about two too many).

Heavy Things was the song broadcast on abc's new year's eve coverage.

Jennifer Dances was, in fact, played three times in total:

12/05/99 Blue Cross Arena, Rochester, NY

12/07/99 Cumberland County Civic Center, Portland, ME

12/17/99 Hampton Coliseum, Hampton, VA