Jambands.ca

Peter Elkas @ Mavericks January 14th/06

Mavericks

Werd

I've seen Pete numerous times solo, but saw him with the band and was REALLY impressed. Jeff and Gavin fron Burt, along with Don Kerr on bass (I think? I was under the impression that the bass player was also the guy who produced his record...a fine record at that). Ottawa folks, get out and see this show! Not jammy, but otherwise impressive. Open minded folks will dig it, for sure.

• 4 weeks later...

Comin up in a week and a half! Hope Ottawa's a bit warmer this time back!

Don Kerr (to clear it up) drummed on Pete's CD and played in his initial line up before Gav and I joined. He co-operates TO recording studio 'The Gas Station', drums with Ron Sexsmith and of course had his years behind the kit for the Rheostatics.

tuba2sm.jpg

Can't wait for the 14th!

I just had an e-mail from him, and he's cool with recording, provided he gets to hear it first before I do anything (else) with it, which I'm cool with. So as much as I'd like to The Spades on back-to-back nights, I think I'll be at Mavericks on Saturday.

Aloha,

Brad

It'll be Gavin Maguire (drums); Jeff Heisholt (keys & back-up vocals); Doug Friesen (bass); Pete Elkas (vocals, guitar, keys).

Gav & Jeff also play in Burt Neilson.

CD is great - I've heard some stuff off the new one he's recording & it's excellent as well.