Jambands.ca

Tookie Dead

Thorgnor

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Capital punishment solves nothing! It only proves you are as wrong and animalistic as the purpotrators of crime.

It has proven not to deter crime. In states with he death sentence, the murder rate does not drop. (mainly, becuase those who commit murder never think they will get caught. No one ever does a crime if they think they will get caught.)

I fail to see the point of killing for those who were killed.

An eye for an eye leaves everyone blind and leaves the system looking very hypocritical.

Furthermore, if infilcting anguish on a convicted fellon is the want tof the people, then keep him locked up for years. Encarserating the mind is far more painful than a needle and a silent exit.

The US is fucked! }:(

Edited by Guest

the save tookie campaign astonished me. the man couldn't even admit guilt!

That's what gets me. He never, ever took responsability for his actions. In addition, he was asked multiple times while in prison to aid law enforcement by providing insight into gang behaviour/communication, and never would. I do not support the death penalty, but this man did not deserve to walk free and was not the angel of peace that people have been making him out to be.

"In addition, he was asked multiple times while in prison to aid law enforcement by providing insight into gang behaviour/communication, and never would." - Hartamaphone

Can you link me to the place where you found this info so that I can send it to nobel and they can revoke his nomination. Clearly they fuck up all the time in these kinds of situations. I mean Christ!!!!! They gave the thing to Oppenheimer and he created the A-bomb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Idiots, eh?

The word redemption seems to be very misunderstood.

Turning in your old homies is different from telling police they ways in which gangs operate.

I think David Milgaard should be put to death for his crimes, too. I mean he never admitted his guilt either. There is no such thing a a mistake in jurisprudence... EVER.

Nobel peace prize nominies are kept secret for 50 years, those whom nominate can spill the beans on who has been nominated. But Hitler, Stalin, Musolini, and many other's have also been nominated. The nomination proccess is a joke really. Anyone could be nominated, as I think George bush was after 9/11.

I do feel that the death penalty in this case was more politically motivated then "doing whats best for society" motivated. The Crips do have a political wing to them and tookie could be viewed as a threat to the US much like leaders of the Black Panther party were viewed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COINTELPRO

I think David Milgaard should be put to death for his crimes, too. I mean he never admitted his guilt either. There is no such thing a a mistake in jurisprudence... EVER.

Serious question because I don't know much about this case. What is the most compelling evidence that points to Tookie's innocence?

Why not plead to a lesser charge and avoid the death penalty if there was invovlement? I don't think that there is an unbiased report to be found.

"can someone forward me a link, or a unbiased news story, about what the heck ya'll are talking about.

Tookie?" leads to "oh, just another gang banger...."

Why ask for an unbiased report when you've already decided on him based on affiliation?

PS. everyone on this board is a criminal by association. Keep talking tough on crime.

Edited by Guest

I didn't think it was ever about him claiming to be innocent - I mean, apparently he used to brag openly about killing his victims - but my guess is he didn't want to be put to death (imagine, too, facing a certain and inevitable day and time), and, from what I gathered yesterday, had come to realise how far the group he'd started had gotten so huge.

Good thing Schwartzenegger has never been one to promote a culture of violence. We needed someone like him to cast the first stone.

(yes, before anyone jumps on that, I know he himself hasn't killed, unless you count people's intelligence)