Jambands.ca

Send me your poker vibes - chance to play WPT final in Vegas!

Basher

Jeepers. I turned $9 into a $650 ticket for a tournament on PokerRoom. The winner of this tournament (Saturday at 6PM) gets a buy-in (value $25,000) to the World Poker Tour final in Las Vegas next April.

If I play my cards right (pun intended) you may see me on TV next spring.

1 out of 45 entrants win, so it won't be easy, but boy am I excited!

Best of luck, Basher. You say you (could) get a buy-in (value $25,000). What exactly does this mean? Is it like they give you a stake of k$25, which you play with, with the ultimate winner getting the total of everybody's stakes? (In other words, you don't have to fork out your own money to play, but you don't get any money unless you're the ulimate winner.)

Aloha,

Brad

Yeah Tooly, I have adopted a pretty sound strategy for online tourneys, which minimizes the risk of being knocked out. Last night I was only a part of two coin flips (9 9 vs. AJ and 10 10 vs. AQ), but each time I was relatively certain I was ahead (and it turned out I was).

Last hand was a beauty:

QQ in the small blind - I raised 2 times the BB

BB raised to $2,100 (I had 13k he had 8k going in) and I call

Flop comes Q, 9, 9

He pushes all-in, which of course I called.

Bad time for him to bluff at a pot with A 5!

I play a regular game every Friday night. There are usually 8 to 10 of us. The game usually lasts 3 to 4 hours. Last week we only played for 22 minutes. One guy wiped us all out in 5 hands. I've never seen such amazing cards. He had AA his first and second hands. Followed by QQ and 44 (he hit another 4 on the flop) on his third and fourth hands. He then finished up with a Flush on his fifth hand. He was one card from the Royal Flush as well.

Funny thing is, he is probably the worse player at the table. Just shows that on any given night anyone can get the cards.