Jambands.ca

jambands.ca FUNdraiser show Sat. Jan. 28 Kitchener

mark tonin

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Backbacon created a sampler disc to help promote the FUNdraiser show. Copies of the disc are floating around, and bouche has now put the tracks from the sampler disc up on the site. Check out the left side of this page under Live Music if you want to hear what's on the disc. Some of the tracks are from shows that are up on the archive, but others aren't, so there may be some new tracks for people to check out.

Peace, Mark

Jambands.ca FUNdraiser Sampler Disc

1. Animator *

2. Speedballs @

3. Keep Us Alive #

4. Art Trip #

5. Drums $

6. Helen Haites *

7. Come Too Far *

8. Drums $

9. El Camino> Bounce %

10. Uiit %

11. Drums $

12. Shakedown Street> Groove is in the Heart> Shakedown Street @

* Diesel Dog: 12/16/05 Pepperjack Café – Hamilton, ON

@ Fat Cats: 03/17/05 The Casbah - Hamilton, ON

# Harvard Mouse: 11/18/05 Lancaster Tavern – Kitchener, ON

$ Organic Groove: 11/18/05 Lancaster Tavern – Kitchener, ON

% What the Thunder Said: 09/10/05 Wakefest –Wakefield, QC

Also, you can see the cover for it by clicking the little picture above the songs on the left there.

Or click here.

Just under 63 hours until show time ... I'm getting really excited about this show! Lots of buzz about the show here in KW, which is very encouraging.

A little more info about the show for you:

First of all, Organic Groove appears 3 times on the schedule. For the first time slot, they plan on doing a drum performance, rather than leading a drum circle. They get together on a fairly regular basis, and are eager to show people what they've been working on. For the last 2 time slots, they will be leading a drum circle where anyone can join in. So bring a hand drum and join in if you feel inspired ... audience participation always cranks the party up another notch!

Secondly, backbacon sent me an email about Superfly. He recently went out to see them jam, and was very impressed, saying that they have a very full sound, and play mainly instrumental funk-groove-jazz. This sounds like a nice complement to the other bands that are playing at the event.

Finally, Harvard Mouse will be starting to play at 8 p.m. OK, maybe we won't start until 8:10. I know that is very early when compared to a regular show in a bar, but this isn't a regular show in a bar! :) If you can make it out to help inspire us, we'd appreciate the support. If not, no worries ... I'll see you on the dance floor! :)

Peace, Mark