Jambands.ca

green party

Im going home Donny

needs your support.

fuck fear voting.

thats all.

:)

seconded. as funding is tied to popular vote, everyone who goes green this election guarantees that the Greens will have a stronger presence in the future, and who knows, may actually be allowed to participate in the next Leader's Debate.

Which brings up a mostly unrelated question...how is it that the Bloc, a party that is fielding candidtaes in one province, is allowed in to the debate while the Greens, who are running candidates in every riding, are not?

Which brings up a mostly unrelated question...how is it that the Bloc, a party that is fielding candidtaes in one province, is allowed in to the debate while the Greens, who are running candidates in every riding, are not?

The Bloc is a main political party - As far as I know it's because the Bloc are hugely represented in parliament (even though they are only in Quebec!) and even more so then the NDP does federally. I'm sure if the Green's won that amount of national representation they would be included as well. However, I'm not sure what the cutoff line is to participate.

Edited by Guest

I keep thinking green and then I think about all those Ralph Nader votes that kept Gore from Beating Bush. Round two we can thank the evangelicals for. In this case, it's not a wasted vote though.

You're in T.Dot though ... if the Conservatives win a single seat there, it will be an unexpected upset. Many, many of those races are between the Liberals and the NDP, with the Conservatives not even in contention. Unless you are in Thornhill or Etobicoke-Lakeshore, there is no reason to worry about this. You should feel free to vote for whoever without concern.

(out of curiousity, which riding are you in?)

Vote strategically and then make a donation to the Green Party - "kill two birds with one stone" (not exactly an environmentally sensitive metaphor I know)

You're vote only gives them $1.75, but you get roughly 60-70% of political donations back in a tax credit, if you really want to help them - give 'em $50 or $100.

Be smart.

I moved up here from the States where I haven't ever been able to vote and now that I'm back in Canada, it's the first time I've been able to vote ever, so......

That being said, do I have to vote for one party in particular? Or can I vote for people on different tiers in an array of parties? I'm pretty sure that you hand your entire vote over to one party. So, in my opinion, it's still somewhat of a gamble, but with good outs. Do you bet on the Race for PM? Or do you bet on principle and making sure your oposition has more voice in the wake of a loss?

It's a tough one.

this whole campaign i've found it interesting that Martin keeps saying how we have to stop Harper. think about this. our leader is asking people to stop the opposition. doesnt that seem backwards to anyone else?

(yes, i understand the way the polls have looked and the momentum swing, but still, the notion of having to stop someone who's not in power to begin with is just funny to me.)

Vote strategically and then make a donation to the Green Party - "kill two birds with one stone" (not exactly an environmentally sensitive metaphor I know)

You're vote only gives them $1.75, but you get roughly 60-70% of political donations back in a tax credit, if you really want to help them - give 'em $50 or $100.

Be smart.

i'm trying :P

from what i can tell, our conservative incumbent has a lock on this riding...i would rather use my vote to support the one party that has actually come out and spoken some kind of sense through the run-up to the election. all mr martin has done is run round and tell me how bad harper is, all layton seems to be doing is telling me how bad martin is, and harper makes nice talk about tax cuts and social engineering. the greens meanwhile are actually talking about their platform, and are not just a one issue party.

if i were in a riding with a tighter race, i might think about strategic voting...as this election seems to be a foregone conclusion round here, i'm free to vote my conscience...

the green party is losing a lot of support here in newfoundland. the green candidate in my riding even stepped down. all because the green party is opposed to the seal hunt. i hang out mostly i guess' hippies', yet most of us are FOR the seal hunt. once educated about the matter most seem to agree that IFAW (the main agency who advocates abolishing the hunt) is a multi-million dollar agency and the average sealer brings in about 20 000 per year about which a third is from sealing.

so cant vote green although historically i have.

i like thorg's idea.

i've been stuck between NDP & green. in my riding (ottawa-centre) it's pretty much a race between NDP and liberals. i like the NDP, but not a big fan of paul dewar yet and the green candidate (david chernushenko) seems like a great choice - problem is, no chance he'll get elected. so i'm thinking maybe vote NDP and donate to the greens... tough choice though! this morning i was leaning green again... ah well. could be worse ;)