Jambands.ca

Bonnaroo line up, here it is

woo.

judge for yourself.

2006 Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival confirmed artists:

Radiohead; Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers; Elvis Costello & the Imposters;

Bonnie Raitt; Death Cab for Cutie; moe; Bright Eyes; The Neville Brothers;

Bela Fleck & the Flecktones;

Buddy Guy; Damian Marley; Ben Folds; Robert Randolph & the Family Band; Dr. John;

Matisyahu;

G. Love & Special Sauce; My Morning Jacket;

Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder; Steel Pulse;

Mike Gordon and Ramble; Dove; Cat Power; Medeski Martin & Wood; Nickel Creek; Gomez; Steve Earle; Blues Traveler; Stephen Malkmus & the Jicks; Dresden Dolls; Son Volt

; Clap Your Hands Say Yeah; Jerry Douglas; Soulive; Rusted Root; Devendra Banhart Band; Donavon Frankenreiter; Mike Doughty;

Sasha; Grace Potter & the Nocturnals; The Magic Numbers; Bill Frisell; Seu Jorge; Bettye LaVette; Dungen; Shooter Jennings; Rebirth Brass Band; Robinella; Andrew Bird; Steel Train; Jackie Greene; Devotchka; Wood Brothers; dios (malos); Toubab Krewe; Marah; I-Nine; Balkan Beat Box; and Cat Empire.

Many more acts will be announced shortly.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This festival will fail without Warren Haynes hosting the entire weekend. Southern folk love WSP and this festival WON'T be the same without a Dead/Panic headlining. Welcome to the hillbilly Coachella/Q107 Classic Rock festival.

You're calling it a classic rock festival because Haynes and the Dead won't be there? I'm glad the festival won't be the same. Who wants that? I'm sooo glad there's no Allmans / Dead / WSP announced yet, make room for some fresh blood, see if they can succeed.

I'm glad WSP won't be there, they bore the shit out of me. JB sounds like he's taking an extended dump solo when he 'sings.' Get the guy some x-lax. :)

As far as festivals go, don't knock Coachella til you've tried it. Great great festival, not a great lineup so far this year but you can't beat Southern California in the mountains / desert with some of the most innovative and interesting NEW music around.

Love both festivals.

AD

I'd just like to say that I know over half the bands now because I've had a great year getting to know new stuff cause of Jambands, going to Bonnaroo and other festivals (specifically Bluesfest) solid for the last three years, and working in Toronto... not cause of any bitter Genrefecation of music... bring on the good times.

As far as my Panic comments... bring it on... but for me it won't compare to an outdoor, just after sunset, 2 and 1/2 hour set of Radiohead... I might bring industrial headphones, eat some zoomers, and just watch the light show and feel the low end. Not because the music will suck, but because it will be that good. ;)

I seriously dobut that Radiohead would play a 2.5 hour set ever! They are a great band just not that kind of band. I understand and respect AD's opinions about Panic.. I used to feel that way too. But I called it a classic rock fest because of Tom Petty, Elvis Costello and Bonnie Raitt. It's NOT that I don't LOVE these artists, it's that I have NO interest in seeing them in that venue. I'm also not trying to knock Coachella. Sounds like a better line-up then Brah-naroo in my opinion. But I also know I'm probably not the only one that's disappointed by a southern jambands festival being headlined by an art rock alternative british band. Why DIDN'T they get Coldplay and Robbie Williams? Perhaps they should turn into Glastonbury. I'm ALL for Radiohead playing Bonnaroo but being the biggest name on the bill for your announcement doesn't show well.

was that at the old Kool Haus aka RPM? If so I was defintely there. Saw them everytime in T.O. from 95' til'.... well that point that they started farting into microphones instead of making rock albums. Even though I saw them at ACC a few years ago for ten bucks and just got high and enjoyed the light show and hoped they'd actually play some MUSIC instead of letting it all be done by machines because THEY don't make mistakes. Lazy! Pablo Honey, The Bends and O.K. Computer were AMAZING fucking albums and their b-sides and rarities from those eras were incredible too. Thoms vocals will always be great but LEARN HOW TO PLAY THE ROCK GAME instead of putting out disco albums ala Santana!

I personally never understood 2 nights of Panic. I mean they're good but really, headlining 2 nights?? Come on.

posted yesterday thinkin I was in. Not at this point. Wouldn't be surprised if they brought Cyndi Lauper this year!

Enjoy everyone that's goin. Check out Skaggs/Kentucky Thunder if ya'r.

Maybe things woulda been different (for me) if Keller was on the list, if SCI was on the list, NMA, DTB, ABB etc.

Nice to see that MMJ's coming again. Only 2 sets of tickets this year. Can't remember exactly costs of previous years but the price seems to keep risin.

I think Moe. down! Nice n' close and probably half the price.

Cheers folks,

Here's the official list from Bonnaroo.com

Some additions that weren't on the other list, like Beck, Buddy Guy, Neville Brothers, some Phil Lesh character... Still holding out hope for Ryan Adams and Sufjan Stevens.. I love this lineup so far.

Radiohead

Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers

Phil Lesh & Friends

Beck

Elvis Costello & the Imposters

Bonnie Raitt

Death Cab for Cutie

moe.

Bright Eyes

The Neville Brothers

Bela Fleck & the Flecktones

Buddy Guy