Jambands.ca

Bonnaroo line up, here it is

woo.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks to me like this fest is really just an attempt to do two things:

1. bring more people into the scene by exposing them to hippies.

and more importantly

2. attract lots of custies so that everyone can not work during the real fest thats in the works on the DL.

Seriously,

Radiohead

Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers

Phil Lesh & Friends

Beck

Elvis Costello & the Imposters

Bonnie Raitt

WTF? Are they trying to have a record year selling Bonnaroo lawn chairs? Has anyone seen any of these "headlining" bands.

Radiohead is fucking boring live. Sorry but its true, I went and saw them. It was a fucking sit down sing-a-long with 25,000 sober depressed kids.

Tom Petty - he's great, in the fucking afternoon while I'm eating a fucking burrito.

Phil - well, I have respect for Phil, so I'm not going to say what I really think... I appreciate it, but he's fucking old.

Beck might put on a good show.

Evlis Costello, I'm pretty ignorant of, except I think he was on Deadicated - still, from what I understand its more rockinCHAIR music.

Bonnie Rait I love. But Massey Hall not near the headline of a fucking 100k outdoor party.

BonnaPOO I say.

ps. for those who aren't aware - Panic turned down roo this year. They're not doing a proper spring tour and didn't want to be in Tennessee. They're working on europe for spring into summer. PPanic made superfly - thats the reality. Once they couldn't get Panic then its "how the hell do wwe sell tickets - Radiohead" And the only reason that'll even work is because they play so few shows...

Wow. I'm still in shock at how bad that lineup is. Even the good rocking fun stuff will be so far buried in the TN sun that its a total waste.

I pity the fool.

Panic turned down roo this year. They're not doing a proper spring tour and didn't want to be in Tennessee. They're working on europe for spring into summer.

oh man...i've been waiting for them to do this for YEARS. nice, hope this happens. too bad i just got outta debt, i'll be getting right back in!!!

:)

Panic turned down roo this year. They're not doing a proper spring tour and didn't want to be in Tennessee. They're working on europe for spring into summer.

oh man...i've been waiting for them to do this for YEARS. nice' date=' hope this happens. too bad i just got outta debt, i'll be getting right back in!!!

:)[/quote']

Shit - when I first read that I thought you mean you've been waiting for them to turn down 'roo. Now I'm thinking you're down on Europe. I figure I'm going to hit part of it myself if it happens... probably say 4 of the shows over maybe 2 weeks or something...

You know its funny, the more and more I think about it and read the lineup over and over the more and more I want to go to roo...that Mike Gordon project or whatever looks intriguing....can't wait till I see some additions

I'm feeling a CTMF, Wakarusa, Bonnaroo month long bender...whose with me???

Radiohead is fucking boring live. Sorry but its true, I went and saw them. It was a fucking sit down sing-a-long with 25,000 sober depressed kids.

hahahaha......... i'm sorry (for your sake) you didn't enjoy them live. i've seen them thrice and each time i'm constantly amazed.

Evlis Costello, I'm pretty ignorant of, except I think he was on Deadicated - still, from what I understand its more rockinCHAIR music.

what a stupid thing to say. at least you admit upfront that you're ignorant. listen to some of his catalog, not just his Dead covers (ha). Download My Aim Is True, This Year's Model, Armed Forces, Get Happy!, Trust, Delivery Man, When I Was Cruel, Live at the ElMo. One of the best lyricists, singers, and musicians I've ever heard. He's the reason I started playing music. More talent in his toenail than most everyone else on the poster for any festival. He's a genius.

ECLive78.JPG

Sorry you don't like the lineup. Now change the channel; there's probably a Panic appreciation thread going on somewhere. I promise not to interupt your circle jerk over there.

AD

Guest Low Roller
Radiohead is fuÇking boring live. Sorry but its true, I went and saw them. It was a fuÇking sit down sing-a-long with 25,000 sober depressed kids.

Seen Radiohead five times myself. Four out of five times it was anything but a sitdown type of show. I blame the fifth one on the Toronto crowd rather than the band.

Kinda happy to say that I didn't have to load myself up with drugs at the shows to enjoy them either. I was PROUD to be sober.

Maybe that's the main problem here? Maybe the old school hippies want to relive their reckless glory years of getting all fucked up on whatever drug is available and spending the show unaware of reality while being sonically fornicated by a 20 minute wankfest. That's why they are disappointed by the Bonnaroo line-up, which festival roots seemed like the saviour of an outdated genre. Maybe they just don't like the bands. Whichever one it may be however, as ticket sales will prove, they are in a minority.

Radiohead is fuÇking boring live. Sorry but its true, I went and saw them. It was a fuÇking sit down sing-a-long with 25,000 sober depressed kids.

Maybe that's the main problem here? Maybe the old school hippies want to relive their reckless glory years of getting all fucked up on whatever drug is available and spending the show unaware of reality while being sonically fornicated by a 20 minute wankfest. .

hasnt that been ummm, like every GD, Phish, ABB, moe., WSP, et al concert since people have been going to shows?

maybe it's just me but the bonnaroos i've been to (2003/2005) and the phish fests (lemonwheel, oswego, coventry) and other regualr tour stops by the GD, and Phish and every other "jamband" out there...I've fouind its the younger crowds that are getting completely outta control on crazy drugs like H and special K and crystal meth. I find the "older" crowd (and there are exceptions to every rule) are more mellow, appreciating the music more perhaps b/c of their travels...

thats just me tho

at least that's why I'm there...to be sonically fornicated...isnt that the real reason why we ALL should be there?

Edited by Guest