Jambands.ca

Bonnaroo line up, here it is

woo.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The lineup looks incredible this year. You know you have good depth when artists like Bill Frisell, Son Volt, MMW, etc are that far down the list!

Let me be the first to ask - what's this Mike Gordon and Ramble Dove all about? New project?

Not bad, but I agree...very light on the jam end of the spectrum.

For my tastes not quite experimental/improv egnough to make me go again.

However: Buddy Guy, soulive, G.Love & Radiohead are a welcome presence I hope they fleah out the line up with some more electronic acts/DJs, just to round it out. I'm sure they will as time goes on.

Radiohead..... what an incredible addition.

Almost makes MarcO want to head South with TimmyB this year...... almost but not quite.

What if Ryan Adams if the vocalist/guitarist in the version of Phil Lesh & Friends that is performing?

Come on you know you'll want to go then.

Tim

What if Ryan Adams if the vocalist/guitarist in the version of Phil Lesh & Friends that is performing?

I'd rather see Ryan play his own songs; usually when Lesh is playing I'm at another stage or back at camp.

He could always pull double-duty, then I'd even go check out Lesh. :)

AD

Radiohead (3x)

Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers (8x)

Phil Lesh & Friends (4x)

Beck (6x)

Elvis Costello & the Imposters (1x)

Bonnie Raitt (1x)

Death Cab for Cutie

moe. (10x)

Bright Eyes *

The Neville Brothers *

Bela Fleck & the Flecktones (2x)

Buddy Guy (4x)

Damian Marley *

Ben Folds (1x)

Robert Randolph & the Family Band (6x)

Dr. John (2x)

Matisyahu (1x)

G. Love & Special Sauce (1x)

My Morning Jacket (2x)

Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder (1x Skaggs with Phish back in 2000) *

Steel Pulse

Mike Gordon and Ramble Dove (36x Gordon with Phish/Kottke/Duo but never the Ramble Dove) *

Cat Power

Medeski Martin & Wood (3x)

Nickel Creek *

Gomez (2x)

Atmosphere

Steve Earle (5x)

Blues Traveler (7x)

Amadou & Mariam

Stephen Malkmus & the Jicks *

Dresden Dolls

Son Volt (2x)

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah

Jerry Douglas (1x)

Soulive (2x)

Rusted Root (1x)

Devendra Banhart Band

Donavon Frankenreiter (1x)

Mike Doughty

Sasha

Grace Potter & the Nocturnals

The Magic Numbers

Bill Frisell *

Seu Jorge

Bettye LaVette

Dungen

Shooter Jennings *

Rebirth Brass Band (1x)

Robinella

Andrew Bird

Steel Train

Jackie Greene

Devotchka

Wood Brothers

dios (malos)

Toubab Krewe

The Motet

Marah

I-Nine

Balkan Beat Box

Cat Empire

() with number and x inside denotes how many times I have seen that act.

* Who I hope to see for the first time at bonnaro 2006

Seeing twenty-seven of the initial sixty plus acts before, with many of them being repeats, I'll be more than happy to go down and see my fifth bonnaroo music festival.

This years initial lineup once again proves to me personally that for the bang for your buck you can not beat bonnaroo.

Tim

From www.billboard.com

Asked if Bonnaroo is running the risk of alienating the core jam band fans that put the festival on the map, Mayers responds, "We don't want to dismiss our core in any way, but we also think it's great to bring all these different types of music together. As great as Widespread Panic has been to us and has been a really big part of what we've done, we can't have Widespread Panic every single year."

Whole article:

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001921757

I guess that means that there will be on Widespread Panic this year.

I enjoy Widespread Panic, but I am happy that they will not be performing two headlining sets at bonnaroo this year.

As those who have attended bonnaroo know, that the headliner on the What Stage is the only time of the day that there are no other acts performing.

So even if you had your fill of Widespread Panic after the first night they performed there is nothing else to see so you end up being forced to see them twice, if you want to watch music as much as humanly possible. If other acts were on at that time it would be much better as then you would still have a choice.

Tim

Wow, I was really really excited for today's announcement but I feel extremely let down...while there is incredible diversity and some interesting names that are new and fresh it just doesn't have the meat and potatoes that would make me shell out 190 american. Personally, for 100 dollars cheaper, I am probably going to go to Wakarusa, although I'll wait and see what kind of additions they make.

Who is going to headline? Elvis Costello, Radiohead, and Tom Petty? meh...

I am hoping they have some solid additions up there sleeves

Edited by Guest

"Bonnaroo was never about jambands. It was about good music. I expect no less from this year's edition based on the line-up. "

exactly.

1 find that most people that complain about this roo are

1)pussies.

2)don't know shit about music and think a line up that has KELLER and Galactic is incredible.

keller, galactic, and all those other hippie fest standards are crap, alright...

there is a reason that bonnaroo is the least jambandy this year...jambands are done. bonnaroo has selected the best jam scene bands (moe., mmw, soulive, phil, gordon etc) and will probably give them fantastic spots in the schedule.

i have been going since 2002, and each year has been more diversified...and each year, the most important performances of the weekend (for me at least) from bands that were not jambands...keller, particle, galactic, karl denson, WSP..after the first year and second year, all these acts started putting on very run of the mill shows...it just got OLD...

lets face it, the jam scene is not what it once was...if u want to see keller and galactic and act heady...go to any other hippie jamfest..i think there are like 10 happening every weekend of the summer, i'm sure keller is scehduled to play 300 of them..... go feel all groovy and sell your crappy hemp necklaces...you hippies make me want to vomit...5 dollars?? get outta here.

"Bonnaroo was never about jambands. It was about good music. I expect no less from this year's edition based on the line-up. "

exactly.

1)pussies.

2)don't know shit about music and think a line up that has KELLER and Galactic is incredible.

keller, galactic, and all those other hippie fest standards are crap, alright...

there is a reason that bonnaroo is the least jambandy this year...jambands are done. bonnaroo has selected the best jam scene bands (moe., mmw, soulive, phil, gordon etc) and will probably give them fantastic spots in the schedule.

i have been going since 2002, and each year has been more diversified...and each year, the most important performances of the weekend (for me at least) from bands that were not jambands...keller, particle, galactic, karl denson, WSP..after the first year and second year, all these acts started putting on very run of the mill shows...it just got OLD...

lets face it, the jam scene is not what it once was...if u want to see keller and galactic and act heady...go to any other hippie jamfest..i think there are like 10 happening every weekend of the summer, i'm sure keller is scehduled to play 300 of them..... go feel all groovy and sell your crappy hemp necklaces...you hippies make me want to vomit...5 dollars?? get outta here.

pttt... you're just excited because you can legally drink in the states now!

exactly.

1)pussies.

Its funny that someone with a moe.down poster as your picture could say the jam scene is done. I agree with you that moe., mmw, soulive, and phil lesh, gordon are great and will put on great shows. But to call people who don't listen to the music that was added to roo this year pussies or people that don't know anything about music is ridiculous. To say that the jam scene is done to me says "I don't know anything about music"

exactly.

1)pussies.

Who played Moe down dima??LMAO Any chance Keller or Galactic ever played there?? Why would you promote a 'standard' hippy fest??

and yes...the jam scene is dead....at least, in a grand scale festival type event it is....

take the first bonnaroo line up....

and instead of TAB make it 70VP ....

how many people do u think that line up would draw today.??? it would still be a killer fest...but it would be much smaller than it was in 02...FACT!