Jambands.ca

Super Bowl XL- good times

Pablo Sanchez

So I'm back in town after my super bowl 40 weekend. For such a big crazy and over hyped event I kind of expected to be let down, and although the Steelers probably played their worst game of the playoffs they still won and it was very very very exciting.

My Step Dad Mark is the Quarterback coach for the Steelers so I got a great ticket to the game, behind the steelers bench at about the 35 yard line 20 rows up. We got to go on the field after the game for the trophy presentation. It was pretty surreal to be there.

I was satying at the Steelers hotel which was all the players, coaches and their families. There was a MASSIVE party after the game with tons of food and an open bar. They had the Commodores play (no Lionel Ritchie unfortunately)and they were a great party band. They played Brick House Twice!!

Sorry Booche, no "How about that Phil Lesh" from the bus. The players were all there, but they had been through so much BS with fans all week that I didn't want to disturb the festive mood.

Anyways... here are some pics:

superxl.jpg

In the hotel at the party. Carved out of ice.

onfield1.jpg

On the field after the game.

goflashlights.jpg

The cue to flash the little flashlights they gave you.

tunnel1.jpg

Going up the tunnel out of the stadium

tunnel2.jpg

going out of the tunnel. The signs that these people had were both kind of strange. One says "I missed chemotherapy for the superbowl" the other says "Forget college, we bought tickets"

hotel.jpg

the whole Marriot was taken over by the Steelers organization.

shrimp.jpg

The food and drink scene was over the top

benandrandel.jpg

Ben and Randel El, Ben was wearing his bathrobe and the post party.

kidrock.jpg

Its getting late... Kid Rock, Ben, and Casey Hampton

cops.jpg

This was the last picture I took at around 5am. why? I'm not sure :) Closed the party with a few Canadians.... too funny.

Edited by Guest

True that Ben had a lousy game, but he came through with some big plays when he needed to. Its hard to complain about Ben when they won the game and he played superbly in their dismantling of cinci, indy and denver. He's only 23! I think his chances are good of getting a chance to have a mvp performance in the big game.