Jambands.ca

lemonheads

meggo

Evan is a lunatic. If you are a fan, you better catch him before he leaves this planet for good.

I can confirm this. I was saw him take a piss in a public park in downtown Toronto before a radio interview. During the interview he said the internet is the worst thing to happen to music. Someone then called in and said "how can you say that? The internet allows people all over the world to access your music and information about your band." Evan responded by saying "Fuck you! Hang up on this motherfucker." He's as nutty as they come.

There is also a Toronto show this Saturday with John Kastner from the Doughboys at the Horseshoe. $20 at the door

I saw Evan two years back at the NXNE Festival at the Phoenix - when Evan and that dude from Mudhoney fronted (the remaining members) The MC5.

Evan could barely finish a song, and when he wasn't singing, he'd wander or stalk around the stage and behind the drum kit like a gangly scarecrow. The crowd started getting angry at his antics and began to taunt him. Evan started to point and shout at audience members and basically wanted a fight.

The guys in The MC5 like legendary guitarist Wayner Kramer were noticably pissed-off at Evan's bizarre behaviour. Eventually, after 30 minutes or wacked-out Evan ramblings, Dando was shipped off to to sing back-up vocals for most of the remainder of the night.

Evan still claims to be clean and sober.

I saw Evan two years back at the NXNE Festival at the Phoenix - when Evan and that dude from Mudhoney fronted (the remaining members) The MC5.

Evan could barely finish a song, and when he wasn't singing, he'd wander or stalk around the stage and behind the drum kit like a gangly scarecrow. The crowd started getting angry at his antics and began to taunt him. Evan started to point and shout at audience members and basically wanted a fight.

The guys in The MC5 like legendary guitarist Wayner Kramer were noticably pissed-off at Evan's bizarre behaviour. Eventually, after 30 minutes or wacked-out Evan ramblings, Dando was shipped off to to sing back-up vocals for most of the remainder of the night.

Evan still claims to be clean and sober.

HAHAHAHAHAAA.... thanks for the story. I'm sorry I missed that one!

According to

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juliana_Hatfield

In 2005, Hatfield released the album Made in China on her own label Ye Olde Records. In contrast to 2004's In Exile Deo, the disc is louder, rawer, and provocative. John Doe of the band X, described the disc as "A frighteningly dark & beautiful record filled w/ stark, angular, truly brutal songs & guitars. This is surely a 'Woman Under the Influence', though I'm not sure of what".

In December 2005 Hatfield toured the United States with the band X, whom she idolized during her teenage years.

Aloha,

Brad

There was an interview with Trey about how Phish & The Lemonheads were at the same studio working on their albums and met one another. Phish got a big kick out of Dando's wackiness and invited him to The Lemonwheel and talking afterwards they thought it would be a good idea to have a plane towing a sign for Evan so he wouldn't get lost ;):P

Oh, yeah, I still love throwing on their stuff and cranking it...and play a few of their diddy's on the acoustic...love the quirky lyrics

Ticket options:

You can reserve your tickets at the door with TicketWeb:

http://www.ticketweb.com/user/?region=xxx&query=search&interface=ticketweb&newhps=1&search=evan+dando&x=6&y=9

Or you can pick them up at the club after 4pm, which is probably what I'll do today after work.

Anyone else giving this serious consideration? The XPress interview sealed it for me.