Jambands.ca

the Tim Horton's commercial on CBC olympic coverage.

the old asian man going to hockey rink and saying things like "thats my grandson....thats my grandson"

this is by far the worst commericial i have ever seen in my entire life.

its cheezy, its a not sentimental at all and it doesn't make any sense.

tim horton's has been pumping out the worst commericials for quite some time now.

i understand that i am talking about tim hortons in this thread and it will be viewed by a few hundred people and so in a way, the commercial is doing its job...however, to counter act this, i will not purchase tim hortons coffee/products for 2 months and i suggest you do the same.

Edited by Guest

dima, I suggest you go into the Tim Horton's nearest you, walk up to the counter, and demand that they explain the commercial to you. Tell them you're not going to order (or leave) until you get a satisfactory explanation. Then report the explanation here, because I can't follow the plot of the the commercial, either.

Aloha,

Brad

dima, I suggest you go into the Tim Horton's nearest you, walk up to the counter, and demand that they explain the commercial to you. Tell them you're not going to order (or leave) until you get a satisfactory explanation. Then report the explanation here, because I can't follow the plot of the the commercial, either.

If someone came up to my desk at work and demanded that I explain something to them that is completely foreign to me I'd probably smack them twice.

AD

First: Tim Hortons coffee tastes like ass, how do I know what ass tastes like? I've had Tim Hortons coffee before. Two, that ad didn't make a lot of sense, but I cried like a little girl when I first saw it. What part of this multi-generational, ethno-Canadian fairy tale didn't you get? It was a beautiful piece of inspired advertising. Third, that Onion article was fucking hilarious. Mach3superturbo, 5 blades and and 2 strips, brilliant!

I thought the commercial was pretty straight forward:

The grandfather never "approved" of his son playing hockey, and was always telling him to study more, and pay less attention to hockey. It wasn't until his son's son (his grandson) was playing hockey that the grandfather told his son he actually came to the rink to see him play, and knew what position he played. etc. Make sense?

dima, good luck with that. I'm sure you'll bring them down. ;)

Tim Horton's sucks.

:) Tim's is a fetish commodity for the delivery of simple caffeine.

[barney]Just hook it in my veins![/barney]

My nephew was going on last weekend about an urban myth that Tim's lines the rims of their cups with msg or some other pseudo-addictive taste enhancer. Anybody else hear this one?

Maybe that's what causes 1 in every 5 cups to leak.