Jambands.ca

Anyone Remember "She Stole My Beer."?

AWeeJig

I'm doing my best to recover my thoughts from the events that went on today. I've been bombarded with the beers the entire evening and a whole bunch of female beer thiefs.

Damn those chicks can dance!!! I' just guessing though I've never seen...........

Her Steal My Beer Before.

Maybe My Face.

But Not My Beer.

Good Fucking Band!

Thanx to my friend Steve.

Was there another band like this in Kingston that went to Queen's or would SSMB have passed through there on tours. I'm sure I've seen them, an old friend Kemp Edwards was a fan and got me into them I believe.

I'm sure they would have passed through - I can remember them swinging right through Ontario at least once during the early-mid-nineties, and I'm willing to bet they played every town with a university in it.

They were from Whistler and occasionally reunite for the odd gig. Last time I saw them was 3 years ago at the Commodore - the crowd was full of cougars in leather and high-heels, no longer any trace of their jambandy beginnings.

After making 'Mule' they had some falling-out with the record company because it was bending them over and giving them the ol' auger in the ass. I know, I know.. a record company screwing-over a band?? Unbelieveable, but apparantly true.

So then they broke-up and the rhythm (Bob Weir-ish) guitarist is some kinda recluse somewhere in Whistler now. Chad, the lead singer and guitarist, now has a band called Sweaty Cheddar - I saw them once and left early - good playing etc., but otherwise pretty lame. Geoff, the drummer, is in a million bands - total band whore... I forget his latest band, but it's a large, touring/recording act which pays him well. He's a cool dude.

I used to see them when they used to come through T-Bay and Toronto. They kicked ass. Awsome originals and covers. I saw them at the Commadore in September when they and some other local jamband opened for them. It sure wasn't like it used to be and I lost interest pretty quick, but they looked like they were having fun and if I'm around for their next "reunion show", I'll probably check it out.

Thanks for the info everyone. If a reunion show does happen let me know. I wouldn't mind checking them out. I listened to them for the entire day pretty much when I started this post. A friend of mine has a few shows and some studio also. They pulled off a mean scarlet>fire.

• 1 month later...
The Boot Pub Closing Party, Whistler, BC April 29 2006

Tickets Onsale Tuesday next week.

They are $20.00, all proceeds going to charity, The Whistler Historic & Preservation Society, or something like that, so they can dismantle the Boot and keep it for potential future reconstruction.

Confirmed acts

[color:red]She Stole My Beer

Keller Williams

Soulstream

We are probably adding Furtado and that's it.

It's been difficult trying to find artists available and so we are going with SSMB as they have played The Boot more than anyone. Keller Williams because, he is THE MAN, and he'll perform from 5:00 to 7:30 pm, (a full show) and the the 10 piece afro/funk/groove dance party Soulstream. Here's some info. These guys are so incredibly talented it's crazy !! A guaranteed dance party to end the History at the Boot.

Individually ,the musicians in Soulstream have a long list of credentials, some of the highlights include:

5 west coast musician of the year nominations

3 Juno awards,

1 grammy award,

a Jazz Report Magazine's Composer of the Year Award,

countless other national and international awards

They have been featured cover stories in various music and entertainment periodicals, and have performed on well over 100 released c.ds, and on international stages including Radio City Music Hall, Sydney Opera House, and Wembly Arena to name just a few.

Numerous T.V appearances such as David Letterman, Jay Leno, Larry Sanders, Oprah Winfrey, VH1, Much music, CBC, and many others.

Various members of Soulstream have performed, toured, and recorded with artists including : Sheena Easton, k.d.lang, Wynton Marsalis, Tom Cochrane, Joe Williams, Mike Reno, (loverboy) Freddie Hubbard, INXS, Oliver Jones, Amos Garrett, Joe Lovano, Natalie Cole, Kenny Wheeler, Bo Didley, Heart, Renee Rosnes, Long John Baldry, Collin James, Taj Mahal, Dave Holland, Powder Blues, Maynard Ferguson, Slide Hampton, The Rankins, and on and on ...One member is even an artistic director for a music festival. The collective professional credits are far too long to list here.

As a band they get together to, groove, create, and party! Their’ repertoire includes anything that grooves : Herbie Hancock ,EarthWind & Fire, Prince, Tower of Power, Michael Jackson, Marvin Gaye,Incognito, Stevie Wonder, Barry White ...full song available. They have been regarded as the best band of this genre in B.C. (and some say all of Canada) ever since their’ opening week at the Bar None.

Well into their’ 8th year there, they have become a Vancouver funk/soul/jazz staple, what Tom Harrison of the Vancouver Province calls “Vancouvers’ hottest House band.†They have their own approach to performing covers, which include improvising not just in instrumental solos, but as a collective, a process which has spawned whole new musical passages.

Party Party

http://p206.ezboard.com/fupstreamdiscussiongroupfrm2.showMessageRange?topicID=1717.topic&start=1&stop=20

I have a show from Toronto, 1996. I still have to transfer it from cassette to my HDD though, good stuff.

Please do,i need some more SSMB !!!

Well, its currently on my HDD now...need to track it, clean it up a bit. But its on deck now anyway, hopefully within the next couple week(s) it'll be ready to offer up.