Jambands.ca

Help me get Slipped?

Northern Wish

I have about an hour to decide if I hit the road and drive about 20 hours round trip for one single set Slip show.

Who is staying where? And better yet any space for two Maritimers with a little bit of taping equipment?

Or is anyone else lacking a place to stay and would want to split on a hotel with two handsome crazy guys?

Sean

Edited by Guest

Whats up Sean?

they rocked out the other night(2/25) and A.Sunshine has been making waves as of late in the states so dont think of it as a one set Slip show and more of a double billed show. Plus the Barr bros. live up there now so I would expect a top noch preformance.

I will post a review of tonights Ithaca show asap to give you a better idea what to expect.

Whats up Sean?

they rocked out the other night(2/25) and A.Sunshine has been making waves as of late in the states so dont think of it as a one set Slip show and more of a double billed show. Plus the Barr bros. live up there now so I would expect a top noch preformance.

I will post a review of tonights Ithaca show asap to give you a better idea what to expect.

where can I get a quick fix of Apollo Sunshine? we want to have a listen here at work !

http://www.apollosunshine.com/newersite/

should have music

No Oshe opened up for them on 2/25. Sam Champion is from NYC i dont know much about them but check out this Quote the got in Spin

"Frontman Noah Chernin delivers a laidback drawl over Pavement-inspired melodies that alternate between hazy alt-country dirges and rollicking party jams."

worth a listen i guess.

Benny - have a blast tonite, bro! wish i coulda made it down this time around... but i've got a non-border friendly passenger...

leaving for montreal in an hour! YES!!!!!!

taylor - check your email, man - i might be able to help you out tomorrow... send me your cell #, i forgot your card at my apartment and im leaving here straight from work..

I'm listening to Katonah and this lead singer reminds me a touch of Wayne Petty from Cuff The Duke. I fucking hate the indy music press I have decided. Well I decided that a long time ago of course but really are a band like Apollo Sunshine ever going to get their due without being compared to some ponzes like Elephant 6 Collective. I know all the individual writers mean well and are going with their hearts but even I feel as if I can't write about something unless it's been ordained elsewhere (like Pitchfork) as being de rigueur indy.