Jambands.ca

Ultimate show - Duo w/Brad Barr, Gordon, Fishman

bouche

Thursday April 06. I wanted to go see this when the Duo was announced as I've been JONESING for them live. Well, clearly it didn't happen, and I missed a show that would have been embedded in my brain for life.

I'm so glad there was a pro photographer there. Those shots are amazing and I cannot wait to find out that it was recorded....and on BT.ETREE.ORG!!!!

Yeah I'd like to hear it too.

I just got home from a phenomenal show in Seoul: MONO! Holy shite was it intense! One of the loudest shows I've ever seen too. I'll write more tommorrow. Bedtime for me over here... As I'm ripped/

Damn I love Higher Ground. Such a great room in such a wicked town, and "everybody" who isn't too big plays there. Throw in the frequent guest appearances by four of Vermont's Phinest and I don't think you could ask for much more in a venue. (Hopefully I'll be basking in the guitarmonies of Mr. Forrest Richard Betts there next month).

Here's the bried write-up from jambands.com:

The Benevento/Russo Duo continues to work its way into the Phish framework. Last night, at South Burlington, VT’s Higher Ground, both Mike Gordon and Jon Fishman joined the paired performers, along with an additional series of special guests. First, the Slip’s Brad Barr joined the Duo onstage, adding guitar to much of the group’s set (an old friend of Marco Benevento, Barr performs on Darts, the Duo’s first release). Next, Fishman emerged, marking the first time the former Phish drummer has performed with the Duo. During the Duo's encore, Fish returned with Gordon for “Mike’s Song,†with Jazz Mandolin Project’s Jamie Masefield and Mad Dog also appearing on the song's outro jam. For those keeping score at home, Page McConnell has also jammed with Benevento, Russo and Gordon when the trio played Higer Ground on December 30, 2004. In other Duo news, the 2005 Jammy winners have made a new track from its studio forthcoming album available on its homepage.

• 4 weeks later...