Jambands.ca

CANADA DAY 06 ANNOUNCEMENT (Ticket Info)

Freeker

All Conservatives will be given a full cavity search by Stapes!

ummm' date=' can I help?

[b']I'm drunk and I love this thread!

note to self and other concerned parties: why am I drinking so heavily these days????....is anyone else concerned or is this a perfectly normal response to the chaos that is my life?

Chaos in your life!!I can't imagine!

That's what life is chaos but you are still young so don't even worry about it yet!

The best part is when you are young and you have young kids.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Announcing lineup on Wednesday

All I can say is get ready cause you're about to have your socks knocked off.

Tickets should also be ready on Wednesday. in the meantime email CanadaDayBash2006@hotmail.com and let us know you are coming and how many tickets you need as well as the names of the people you are bringing.

I am really excited to be able to announce that the following bands will be playing this years Canada Day Bash!!

Hux Pux

Vanderpark

The Spades

Real Gone Daddies

El Beejay (Feat. Jay from nero)

Lure

John Henry's

Bullmoose

+ a couple more TBA

Steamwhistle is back on board to fill our livers with liquid gold. Also they have been nice enough to hook us up with a tap trailer instead of our usual shed full of snow. This will make life much easier for us and speed up your alcohol intake.

Tickets are almost ready and will be available by the end of the week. In the meantime please email CanadaDayBash2006@hotmail.com and let us know you're coming and who you're bringing. Get ready!

Vanderpark

Has Vanderpark re-arranged its tour? Their latest posting lists

Thursday June 29th - Rainbow Room - Ottawa, ON

Friday June 30th - downbeat lounge - Sault Ste. Marie, ON

Saturday July 1st - The Townehouse - Sudbury, ON (CANADA DAY BASH)

But if they're at THAT PLACE on Canada Day, it means the Sudbury gig's out, and I find it hard to imagine driving from Ottawa to Sault Ste. Marie, then back to Ottawa, in the space of a couple of days.

Aloha,

Brad

The Spades will be prefroming an early set to get people pumped for their show later that night at Mavericks.

AS for Vanderpark Brad, this was their idea so i assume they know what they are doing, from what i understand they are still playing SUdbury that night.

And Dinghy, that isn't the final ticket its missing the ticketmaster hologram.

The Spades will be prefroming an early set to get people pumped for their show later that night at Mavericks.

AS for Vanderpark Brad, this was their idea so i assume they know what they are doing, from what i understand they are still playing SUdbury that night.

Having done the SSM>Ottawa trek far more times than I care to remember, I must say this is a HELL of a haul. Doing that distance in less than 10 hours is a challenge.

I just checked with mapquest.ca, and it says Ottawa<->SSM is about 10 hours, and Ottawa->Sudbury is about 6 hours.

The only thing I can see them doing is playing Ottawa on Thursday night, hitting the road early for the trek to SSM for the Friday show, then hitting the road right after SSM to get back to Ottawa on Saturday in time to do a set on Canada Day before hitting the road to Sudbury early enough (like, 3pm or 4pm) to get there in time to do a show.

Aloha,

Brad

Seems Inglewood Jack is missing from the lineup?

Wouldnt this be the band's one year anniversary?

Yes, this Canada Day will have been one year since our debut gig*, but one or two of our guys have other plans for that day/weekend.

Aloha,

Brad

* We actually started rehearsing in October, 2004.

Another act just confirmed. I will post it tomorrow

That was posted at 2am today, Thursday as I write this. So technically that'd make the "tomorrow" Freeker refers to be Friday, but is 2am Thursday close enough to the Wednesday side of the Wednesday/Thursday crossover ambiguity to make the "tomorrow" actually today? I'm confused, and the coffee hasn't kicked in nearly hard enough yet.

Aloha,

Brad

In 2003, I did the wander-to-the-Hill thing, saw the fireworks, then went to the nero show at Dekcuf. :)

In 2004, I headed home about 7pm, to have a bit of a break and pick up my gear before going to the nero show at Dekcuf, which I didn't make due to an extreme case of horizontality... :(

In 2005, I stayed until about 10pm, then headed home.

This year, my current plan is to stay until about 9pm, or whenever the second-last act finishes (which should be about 9pm, I guess), then head to Mavericks to get set up for The Spades.

If you'll want to do something after (or near the end of) the party, there'll probably be others there who'll go along.

Aloha,

Brad

many of us, by 11 pm, can barely stand let alone walk. If the game plan is falling down, I'm IN!!!!

seriously, though, if you can pace yourself throughout the day, there's no reason to end the party at 11....the locale just changes (and some DO make it downtown, apparently.) Also don't forget about the fireworks on the Hill...quite a nice place for falling down!