Jambands.ca

Brothers Barr in Ottawa with Sister Brother

guigsy

what's the deal with this?

Brothers Barr with Sister Brother is totally happenin'!

who wants to come to Ottawa? Marc and Andrew with Dan Bern at Bluesfest along with a full evening of music and then a set of Brad and Andrew's bluegrass ensemble 'Sister Brother' followed by an encore engagement of the Brothers Barr at Maverick's!

i know you were testin' the waters on a possible slip show that night - you got this goin on instead?

i didnt see if this was posted over here or not...

hey! I forgot you were on Sliplive.com ;)

Yeah, everyone's agreed to put this show together. The Slip can't do it as a whole, unfortunately. I was going to wait for our press release. That's a HUGE day of music indeed.

Wednesday, July 12th

Dickie Betts Afterparty rager

featuring

Sister Brother

followed by

Brothers Barr

both bands feature Brad and Andrew Barr of the Slip.

Mavericks, Ottawa ON.

BUMP! Where's the Sister Brothers and Barr Brother love people?

It's out back, consoling The Slip love, who is downbeat because it's not a The Slip show. (I've had two The Slip shows playing today, and really want to see/hear/tape The Slip.)

Don't get me wrong: I'll be at the show, and will be excited to see both bands, but to have 2/3 of The Slip live two hours away, and having not had them play here for (I think) three years, to finally get a show that's almost, but not quite, The Slip bums me out a little bit.

Aloha,

Brad

bradm, dont be glum, chum- and dont forget marc is in town- you never know what might transpire!

That's my hope, based on absolutely nothing. I'm just thinking if Marc shows up at Mavericks to watch the other guys... someone bring an electric bass!

I’m sitting at my desk bombarded with tedious, mundane work and look outside to see torrential rain and pitch black skies. I look at my coat rack and realize that I have forgotten my umbrella on the bus. Frustrated with today I log onto this friendly message board to realize that Sister Brother, Brothers Barr are playing in my hometown – and suddenly nothing else matters. EEEhehehehehehe!! July 12th can’t come fast enough!!!

Hey now! I have such little time as I forgot I was on a course all weeklong and I can't really communicate during the day. No regular internet that is.

I came home and whipped up a handout that we'll be passing around like crazy this weekend. Does anyone here have the ability to also print up some handbills and hand them at out at any events they'll be at in the next 2 weeks?

Here's a sample of the handbill. I can have a high quality sheet-of-four version available if you can help out.

This is such a great line-up. We gotta show these guys the Ottawa love. That'll ensure a FULL Slip show in the future.

There will be a more official notice in the future, but I'm certainly glad Guigsy started up this topic today. I've been busy!

Edited by Guest

bradm, dont be glum, chum- and dont forget marc is in town- you never know what might transpire!

that is a pretty damn good point. one of the theories is that The Slip couldn't perform because there is already a tour booked for september and this would probably violate some agreements.

This can't be billed as a Slip Duo because of this sort of thing. So...you never know.

count me in for the roll call!!!!!!!!!!!yeeeehaw!

the brotherz barr show in Montreal was awesome, so people shouldn't be bummed so much. in fact, as many can attest there was almost more jamming by the duo than the previous show in town! sister brother is also a nice little band too with tons of potential - i don't think you can go wrong with some sweet pickin' bluegrass...

the after party + bluesfest = :P

anyways, thanks alot to all who put the effort to get the fellas to play in Ottawa after their D.Bern show...

bradm - get the duct tape and jb3 ready, 'cuz the team Audio Tech from Mtl is coming to town to crowd yer taping section!!!!!!!