Jambands.ca

Driving across Canada

Band_Whore

have a great trip. On the way to new brunswick, from Quebec there is a nice rest stop on the right side of the road, its about 13k from the border to NB. I always camp there on my way east, It an amazing place to wake up on the morning over looking a really nice lake, that you can walk down to. There is plenty of parking for rvs and cars up in the woods and there is a bath room, and a hose that i've use to fill the water tanks on my rv

Nice! I fuckin love the cross-Canada road trip... Northern lights, swimming in small ponds and lakes on a whim, exploring the backwoods while finding a good place to set up a tent in the middle of nowhere. Check out Pollstar.com before you go - maybe you can catch some good music in an unlikely town along the way. University campus' are good places to go for free internet. Be sure to leave time for the Gulf Islands.. Don't go to Trail, BC. Have fun!

awesome! if i were you plan the winnipeg through to alberta stretch (if you can) to happen mostly at night.. there's really not much to see.. and if you're lucky you might catch a prairie thunderstorm!

if you're on the tranny (hwy 1)then you'll cruise right through banff.. going down to golden and climbing back up on that road is a pretty spectacular site. watch for grizzlies! i saw four back in may!

have fun... you're in for the long haul.. i once did the exact same stretch by bus.. it was a bloody fucking nightmare. :)

Make sure you stop at the Canmore Hotel for a night or two, here is whats going on; http://www.canmorehotel.com/events.html

The natural hot springs between Windermere and Kimberly BC are a great stop, I believe its called Lucier/Whiteswan right off of the main highway between the two towns.

THe Kokanee Brewery in Creston BC is a great stop at 9am if your into that kind of thing.

have a good trip, and see if you can find Jimmy's in Calgary, good eats.

Okay, I thought of something.

When you're coming into BC, don't take the big highways that take you into Vancouver. Instead, take the route from Lillooet, south along the Duffy Lake Road, through Pemberton, then down from there to Vancouver. It is a much more picturesque and fun drive, in my opinion (although not adviseable in winter).

niffermouse and i did that run for our honeymoon in 2004...while the whole trip was amazing, i would particularly reccommend doing the yellowhead (northern arm of the transcanada) up to prince rupert and taking the ferry down to vancouver island.

we both really dug the calgary zoo, and science north in sudbury, but we are huge nerds :P

cypress hills provincial park on the SK/AB border was amazing, as were the badlands and dinosaur provincial park.

see the kootenays, visit nelson BC.

have a blast, take lots of pictures!

• 2 weeks later...