Jambands.ca

Free Sisters Euclid Show in Need of LOUD CROWD!!!

can-o-phish

Ha...come to think of it this was the show that busted my virgin-taper cherry...and what a show it was...light show was an added over-the-top bonus...cool to know that I'd get to meet some of the nice folk like Ms. Hux a few years later...

Oh, that's right, this IS about the Sisters Euclid...update...they've been sharing the bill with the original Mothers out west and Gary has been saying it's been a crazy time...I'm sure some of that zaniness will carry through tomorrow night...

If you have the sidebar turned on (check under the "My Skank" menu if you can't see it and need to toggle it on), there's a set of MP3s from their March 31, 2006 show in Ottawa.

Aloha,

Brad

Muchas gracias !

hey basher, maybe see you there!

Since it is a taping, it will likely start on time at 8pm?

Okay, to clarify once again as it is summer and folks have put their reading skills away for the festival months ;) ...

THIS IS A FREE CONCERT - NO TICKETS REQUIRED

If you would like to be part of the filming you MUST be there between 7 and 7:30pm

...and now an update from The Sisters Euclid...

Hi folks,

Sisters Euclid

Free concert tonight.

The Church on Berkley

315 Queen Street East

Show starts at 8 p.m.

We just interrupted our western Festival Tour to come back to Toronto and tape a one-hour HDTV special at the Church on Berkeley. That's 315 Queen St. East, just east of Parliament.

It's a one and a half hour concert, filmed in front of a live audience. It's free, but you have to be there between 7 and 7:30 tonight. Yes, Thursday night. The taping starts at 8 o'clock. All you

have to do is show up and come on in. We're doing whatever we can to try to get people in the audience. The audience will be filmed, so by all means wear your Easter bonnets.

The Director, Daniel Berman is an amazing director and a great friend. Somehow he managed to get us on a Canadian Music Series with the likes of Ron Sexsmith, Sarah Harmer and the

Cowboy Junkies! How did he do that? I can't for the life of me, imagine, but it's happening and we're going with it. Come down and be a part of the action.

We have to fly back at 7:30 in the morning to to do a couple of shows at the Vancouver Folk Festival, one of which is sharing the stage with the original Mothers of Invention. Needless to

say, we're having a blast. We met the Mothers on stage in Winnipeg and the two bands played together. They had us booked as The Sisters Meet the Mothers. I can't tell you what a buzz it

was to play Frank Zappa's 'King Kong' and look over and see Don Preston, Napoleon Murphy Brock and Roy Estrada smiling back at you! It was goose bumps all the way. We traded tunes

and sat in with each other and had a blast.

We hope some of you can come down and enjoy this experience with us. Take care and have fun out there, whatever it is you're up to. - Sisters Euclid

I can't tell you what a buzz it was to play Frank Zappa's 'King Kong' and look over and see Don Preston, Napoleon Murphy Brock and Roy Estrada smiling back at you!

Anybody know where I can buy a king-sized can of industrial-strength keyboard cleaner?

Aloha,

Brad

they've been sharing the bill with the original Mothers out west and Gary has been saying it's been a crazy time...I'm sure some of that zaniness will carry through tomorrow night...

Holy shit. So they're at this festival with the Grandmothers. I caught a bit of them last night at bluesfest and I was shocked at their entertainment. I need to see their whole show now.

We met the Mothers on stage in Winnipeg and the two bands played together. They had us booked as The Sisters Meet the Mothers. I can't tell you what a buzz it

was to play Frank Zappa's 'King Kong' and look over and see Don Preston, Napoleon Murphy Brock and Roy Estrada smiling back at you! It was goose bumps all the way. We traded tunes

and sat in with each other and had a blast.

EGAD!!!! That must be an awesome experience. Ok, the onslot of musical incest lately is crazy! Barr Brothers, Sister Brother, Sisters Euclid, MOthers of Invention....didn't we have this topic alreadY??

As you can all see from Jaydawg's pics, it was quite an amazing setting for last night's Sister's show...nice when things like this happen...literally came together in two days and as I'm typing this the boys are leavin' on a jet plane for the west coast to keep jammin' with Cyro and the Grande Mothers...

Kevin gave it his all as he always does...strings and blood were flyin' and Kim the Powder Girl kept the sweat under control...ahhh, Kim the Powder Girl...

Ouch, my head...cheap Steam Whistle can do that... ;)

Yep, it was a great time! We had a nice crew of cowboy, mattyp, cully, prost and brie. Jaydawg, Smoothshredder and of course c-o-p were there too.

Good times! I spoke to the guy that is running the Church now. They are renovating, installing a permamnent lighting and sound system, and will be booking more rock shows there!

We also settled on a price for the WSOP victory party, which I will have there, with moe. and Umphrey's.

What was the set list?

Aloha,

Brad

They played a song, followed by another song, talked to the crowd, played another song, talked to the crowd, played another song and then they played some more songs followed by two encore songs... ;)

Most of the tunes were from the new CD "Faith Cola"...all originals as it is for The HDTV music series "Beautiful Noise"...

Setlist was something like this....

Faith Cola

Years & Years of Espionage Under His Belt

Big Al

Tongue

Four Shows Nightly

Tumblweed Tea

Va Va Va Voom

Rigged Noose

Encore: Perry Garcia

I think that's how it went down...not a long show as there were cameras everywhere but nice to be able to groove and sip some suds with all of that going on...really had an imtimate family feel to it as most were friends and Orbiters who came out to give their support...Great to see the Jamband crew out and hear about Basher's upcoming Las Vegas escape...so cool Basher...the first 15 hours should make for some great memories...

;)

So how can we see it if we don't get DishNetwork?

Beautiful Noise

Tune-in for the premiere of Rave HD's new hour-long music performance series! Filmed in front of a live studio audience in a dramatically lit, converted gothic-style church, this series features up-and-coming artists, along with established 'hidden gems'. Offering viewers a chance to discover the featured artists' music, and to learn a little about them as well, the first two episodes feature Canadian singer/songwriters, Fiest & Kathleen Edwards

Premieres July 21st at 10pm ET

Ouch, my head...cheap Steam Whistle can do that...

no kidding!

i woke up with the worst headache this morning :(

great evening out with kind folks

thanks for having us back to your pad afterwards Cully.

Nice to meet some new skancs last night

Great venue.

Tongue was a wicked tune, it made the guy bleed for cristsakes.

I can't seem to get into these guys though, the production thing didn't really allow anyone to get into a groove, but I did catch them recently on a Monday and was pretty bored.

I saw some heady folks but have no idea who anyone is, so I just danced like I was on TV.