Jambands.ca

Michael Franti & Spearhead - Nov. 2 Toronto

Marky

HOW YA FEELING....

Emerge Entertainment and HOB Concerts Canada Present

[color:red]Michael Franti and Spearhead

Thursday November 2nd at the Guvernment in Toronto. There will be an artist presale for this show starting on Sat July 29 via

http://spearhead.baselineticketing.com/

Supporting this show will be a great band named State Radio which is the new project from former Dispatch front man Chad Stokes. www.stateradio.com

Spearhead's new Album Yell Fire hit stores yesterday and is so amazing. I am such a huge fan of the band and am so delighted to be able to bring them to town following such a successful run of dates with Michael last spring. The public on-sale info will be posted shortly. This show is gonna make you sweat and dance like no bodies business!!!!!

www.spearheadvibrations.com

I'm sure he'll remind you to "Big-Up Yourselves Toronto," a number of times. He should check with his therapist regarding the 'big-up' tip. Seriously, at bluesfest I counted and left after the 13th time he asked me "How you feeeeeeling," and there were about 7 requests by Franti that the people of Ottawa "Big-Up" themselves. Whrere do you draw the line?

Whrere do you draw the line?

I do admit it can get old real fast. but I SOOOOO love his groove, his message(s), his on-stage charisma. My personal peeve is when he demands "jump up" and suddenly 1000 folks can't remember how to dance as individuals, but are suddenly bouncing in unison on the spot. Weird. But I grin and continue to shake it in my own way.

PLEASE BRING HIM BACK TO OTTAWA!!!!!!!!!!!

this post is so timely, since I just tore the house apart before logging on, trying to find my Franti CD that I can only listen to in Dave's absence (he's a 'hater' :P not really) so I'm listening to a 3 day old show on the archive: July 23, 2006: Artscape

The Sun/Live! Stage

Baltimore, MD

The Guvrnment is a horrible venue. Even if you have tickets you can almost guarantee an hour or two wait in line. They only hire about three people to pat every single person down.

I like the guv on Sat night, but live music is such a pain in the ass there.

I was totally impressed, despite all the negative reviews I had heard, when I saw MF and S at the Big Summer Classic last year. I really didn't expect to enjoy it but ended up thinking it was excellent. The band is so tight and so funky it just blew my mind.

I'm not a big fan of the venue either but this would defintely be worth seeing. Dance party!

HOW YA FEELIN'???????

In yet another instance of "Man-I-have-got-to-read-posts-more-carefully" (and despite being familiar with the phrase and Franti's [over]use of it), I could have sworn that sentence started with the word "Who"...

Aloha,

Brad

Edited by Guest