Jambands.ca

New Music Festival August 16

There is going to be a new music festival, near Collingwood, on the weekend of August 16. The festival will take place on a gorgeous farm, that has ample camping, a huge barn if the weather is bad (and for late night DJ sets)The music should be great...some acts have already been confirmed, but anyone interested in playing or DJing can email me at ajculliford@yahoo.ca....or just post......more details soon.....but trust me this is going to be great.....

Collingwood is about 1 and a half hours north of Toronto........I have to talk to my friend that is organizing the whole thing...but some bands that have been mentioned (not confirmed) are Caution Jam, Friends of Hefner, and some really good DJs from Toronto.....he actually sent a letter to Kellar Williams, and got a pesonal letter back from Kellar saying that he was already playing on the 16!!!!!!! What a nice guy!!! If anyone knows bands who want to play, let me know........

Hey kids, here are some more details....this fesitval is called Musical Chaos...and right now is only happening on Saturday Aug. 16 (there is the potential for a low key Friday with one band and some DJS. The organizers are trying to make this a very cheap show, only 10 dollars (or as much as you can pay to enter) so I need everyones help here on the board. Confirmed bands include the Paul Aitken Jazz Quintet (london) The Fathers of Procrastination..also from London...and some DJS. Other unconfirmed band posibilties include the Burt Neilson Band, the Friends of Hefner.....and Wassabi is totally invited to play (no joke) all bands can email me at ajculliford@yahoo.ca or katie@kimbercote.org for more details. The festival will be located at Kimbercote farms (which again is a sick location)....check out their website at www.kibercote.org......the organizers are looking for people to help out with sound (they know one person with equipment in Collingwood, but any donations or help would be greatly appreciated), and some voluteers....vendors are more than welcome. This festival is about all different types of music, so all styles of music are welcome......neighbours will not be a problem.....I am going to start up a website soon...please, please people, lets make this a kicking festival....more details soon...sorry about the rambling, I am just excited.....cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so I've been trying to piece together what's happening for this. So far, here are the bands listed on their site at http://www.kimbercote.org/chaoscalendar.htm#music

Also, my band Uncle Seth (http://www.musicface.com/uncleseth) and I believe Butterflies & Zebras (http://www.onmusic.com/nands/) are confirmed. (If B & Z or someone else associated with the band could confirm this, that'd be cool!)

I'm not sure if any other bands have confirmed yet, does anyone here happen to know?

Peace,

Mr. M.

Archived