Jambands.ca

Camp Bisco

Cully

What a wet and wild weekend...

I am way too tired to write a full report now but highlights included an amazing Roots set, the DB were on fire the first night (they played for 5 hours!), Shpongle, and The New deal...they had a terrible time slot though. We ended meeting so many great people and everyone loved the fact that we were Canadian!!! I will write a full report soon with lots of pics. Cheers.

I say again- it is best we never set Kung loose on Camp Bisco. Ever.

I disagree, provided he's equipped with a radio direction finder, and has a KungKam strapped on his head (possibly with a real-time feed of his vital signs, including blood alcohol level), giving a live feed to a remote recording unit. ;)

Aloha,

Brad

The security were such assholes (so many people got arrested - not just the sketched out Bisco kids) They were touching people EVERYWHERE when they were searching.

One security guard laughed so hard when he asked me to empty my pockets and I said CHEERS. They couldn't believe how polite us Canadians were...he kept saying cheers to me all weekend!!!

The second night was rediculous. The Biscuits played with Shpongle, doing a dubbed out Gamma Gobblins before Posford let loose for the entire set break. The first night they were off, new drummer was definately nervous and off his game, contagiously, but good times all around. A LOT of people were arrested as the police stepped in to help with security and the weather sucked, but, all adversity aside, it was the sickest festival they've thrown to date and maybe the sickest festival I've ever been to. In terms of security, there were more loopholes than the American political system so, it was all good if you took care of your shit. I definately got a cold from being wet for 72 plus hours but it was all worth it. And, yeah, everyone dug that I was Canadian which was reasuring as I just gave up my green-card. My head isn't all here but that's my two sense for ya. Maybe I'll right more. Maybe I'll sleep for another 16 hours. Who knows?

I didn't end up going, but I hooked up Cully with some buddies of mine who had space in their car...

I don't get an issues any more...the worst thing they'll do is stop the car and search it for a little bit....once I even got through in seconds because the dude really liked my hair. The convo went like this:

Officer: Wow, in all my years of working the border this is the first time I have seen someone's head not able to fit into their passport picture (speaking about my passport photo).

Me: Do I win a prize?

Officer: I don't think you want the prizes we give away. You guys are good to go.

sweeeet

Awsome AfroPoppa. They're so back and forth. I was camped at the very bottom of the second chairlift in from the check-in lodge. It was pretty dope having direct access to the flushing toilets and spitting distance to the car. Where were you at? There were sooo many people I normally see that I didn't. Lots of new faces and LOTS of YOUNG people. Nuts. Again, SPHONGLE was NASTY, nasty, nasty...... no words, really. The Biscuits playing with Simon Posford on a Hallucinogen track, also NASTY. Definately was the epiphany of everything Camp Bisco has always conceptualized. TrancePartyUSA.

you need to get Are you Shpongled? and Tales of the Inexpressible...annnnnd the latest album Nothing LAsts...bu nothing is Lost

the 1st album is fuggin fantastic(are you shpongled?)...lots of gems there, but a little rougher and less cohesive as an album...each track is sort of it's own journey...where as the last album is basically one loooong asss trip thru the TWISTED (yes pun intended) minds of simon and raja...what's crazy is Posford plays almost all the instruments on the album...I really wish I had seen them. Jealous!

The DJ Set is nothing like 'Are You Shpongled?' and I can't say I've heard any of the other albums, me thinks, but that's more Raja Ram's collaboration with Posford. Sphongle's DJ Set was Simon Spinning Shpongle material and a little bit of everything and it was non-stop, in your face slam happy. None of the drawn out atmospheric style material from the albums. Amazing flow and danceability. I'm pretty sure it's Raja that plays all the instrumentation and Posford that gives it that special twist and really blows it out live. I'd love to get my hands on some more live Shpongle and DJ Sets and check out more the later albums. It's REDICULOUS.

"The master of disaster"

I can't really say live who does what, but I know on the albumsRaja plays some hand drums and the flutes and that really it. Posford plays all basses, guitars , keyboards, writes the beats etc...now I'm sure live it'd be a different story.

Either way, I'm jealous as hell I didn't get to see it :)

you should really check out the latest album though...it fuggin smokes!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...