Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum

badams

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller

A shut out for Halak, but Thomas was the real story tonight. How many chances did Kovalev have tonight??

Koivu and Ryder were invisible as the young guns are clearly the best players on the ice right now.

Guest Low Roller

habs%20bruins%20234.jpg

Look who was on the ice for that goal: Latendresse, Kostitsyn, Lapierre, Komisarek, Markov.

Three of them are rookies, not to mention Halak.

Guest Low Roller

Coach says Price is ready for NHL

Mathias Brunet of La Presse interviewed Don Nachbaur, Carey Price's coach with the Tri-City Americans, and he says Price is ready to make the jump directly to the NHL as of next season.

"I look at his progression, his maturity, both physical and mental, Carey will be a serious candidate to earn a spot on the team at training camp in Montreal," Nachbaur said. "I believe he is capable of making the jump directly to the NHL, even at 19. And so does he."

"His technique is incredible and the way he handles the puck outside of his net turns him into a third defenceman for us. But I think his best improvement is his consistency," Nachbaur said.

Price compiled a 30-13-1 record with Tri-City this season, posting a 2.45 goals against average and a .917 save percentage. He also won a gold medal with Canada at the world junior championship and was name the tournament's beat goaltender and MVP.

"I was expecting him to slow down a little bit when he got back. But he has such a strong character. He came back, changed uniforms, and continued his impeccable play," Nachbaur said. "He never looked tired. I tip my hat to him because it's not obvious to come back to a league where the game is slower, where the games aren't as significant after having lived such emotions."

Nachbaur said another advantage Price has is that he decided to play with smaller equipment mandated by the NHL as of last season, and the coach believes that will make his transition even easier.

Guest Low Roller

For sure. There is no need to rush Price. I think the Habs will be in good hands with Huet and Halak next year, with Danis as #3, while Price gains some more experience in Hamilton.

Guest Low Roller

I missed the game last night, but I am fucking LOVING this race for the playoffs. How crazy is it right now? 7 teams battling it out for four playoff spots (I'm including the top divisional spot in the Southeast because Atlanta, Carolina, and Tampa Bay are all gunning for it). It can honestly be any permutation of the seven teams the race is so tight.

GPWLOTLPTSLast 10Streak

3. Atlanta*76392710886-4-02L

6. NY Rangers7739299876-2-21L

7. Tampa Bay7741324864-6-02L

8. Montreal7740316867-3-05W

----------------------------------------------------------------

9. Carolina7638308846-3-11L

10. Toronto76372910846-3-12W

11. NY Islanders76362812843-5-22L

Edited by Low Roller

Goalie Huet cleared to play, will back up Halak

MONTREAL (AP) -Goaltender Huet has been cleared by doctors to return to the Montreal Canadiens lineup and is expected to be the backup to Jaroslav Halak on Tuesday against the Boston Bruins.

Huet has been out of action since he tore his left hamstring during a game Feb. 14 against the New Jersey Devils. The Canadiens No. 1 goalie had surgery and was expected to miss the rest of the regular season.

"It was nice to hear that and it feels good to be back with the boys in the lineup," said Huet. "I'll just try to be ready if I'm asked to play."

Coach Guy Carbonneau would like to have Huet start a game before the playoffs, but is hesitant to take Halak out with the team in the thick of the Eastern Conference playoff race in the final week of the NHL regular season.

"It's a huge plus for our team," Carbonneau said. "He's ready to go and I think he's anxious to get going.

"He'll be on the bench, so he'll have a chance to go in the warm-up and feel the game close to the ice. After that, we don't have a plan. We'll go period by period and day by day with him."

Hulak has started seven straight games, winning six. The 21-year-old was called up from AHL Hamilton when Huet was injured and has gone 9-5-0 with a 3.03 goals against average.

Huet's return bumps David Aebischer from the lineup.

The Bruins planned to start Hannu Toivonen in goal after he was recalled Monday from Providence of the AHL. It is a second straight game Montreal was to face a backup goalie after Buffalo started Ty Conklin in a 4-3 Montreal win on Saturday night.

"It doesn't matter to us who is in net," said Carbonneau. "Even if Jesus is in net, we'll try to beat him."