Jambands.ca

New Years Eve 2006 with The Burt Neilson Band @ Mavericks

Mavericks

I was wondering the same thing, Willy...

especially considering that I live in Ottawa, consider myself to be a jamband lover (in the loose sense of the term, anyway), and yet I am still unsure as to where I'll be new years eve... all that to say, while it will likely be a most excellent event, it is certainly not the be-all end-all of jamband goodness going on to the point of necessitating "pinned" status.

is this being promoted by the moderators? do we have a conflict of interest here?

maybe the thread re. " what are you doing nye" should be pinned, and this one can be left to the mercy of the bumpers.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is this 'pinned'? Do all the NYE accouncements get 'pinned'?
Why wouldn't the NYE show @ the Pepperjack (or elsewhere) be pinned? Is it just their choice not to be?

is this being promoted by the moderators? do we have a conflict of interest here?

hey mooose welcome to the FAQ thread (where questions are asked, but seldom answered).

Good luck.

uh....unless you're paying for the site (which ain't cheap) I really think it's a little rich to hold Mike to some sort of conflict of interest standard as if he's the mayor or something.

btw, i'm on a course all week and I'm posting in haste as I don't have much time.

I didn't mean to suggest all kinds of posts were insulting...just Cowboy and Mooose.

I'll probalby delete or move all of these non BnB related posts when I get a chance. so waaaay off topic here. I've got to get back to class.

I can chime in here since I keep track of the finances for the site. This site looses WAY more money than it makes. Not that it's any of anyone's business but when Mike's integrity is questioned we both get terribly offended.

This site is a labour of love. When Mike promotes a show, it's a labour of love. He's never made a cent off a show (breaking even is cause for celebration). We have full time jobs and the site and show promotion aren't for making money, they are for creating a community and having a chance to bring a band to town that bouche loves and wants to see and share. Period.

Those of you who question that mustn't have hobbies. I'd say we're all very lucky that bouche does.

Now after all of that, bouche has no involvement with the New Years show other than a passion for the show he'll be attending to suceed. What's the big deal if a show gets a sticky or not? If you want something stickied, PM him, I'd bet he'd do it.

Now after all of that, bouche has no involvement with the New Years show other than a passion for the show he'll be attending to suceed. What's the big deal if a show gets a sticky or not? If you want something stickied, PM him, I'd bet he'd do it.

Sharon thanks for the clarification on pinning. It's unfortunate that numerous posts and re-asking of the question had to occur before it came. Human nature (my own included) being what it is, folks don't like to be ignored and will, of course, eventually read things into the ongoing silence.

Although it's no one's business, as jambands.ca gets into more show promotion (The Slip???-altho not in the end I guess - The Code Talkers? GroundHog Fest? etc.) it's important for folks to be aware of the relationship between that and use of the forum, so there aren't misunderstandings and assumptions. Thanks again and yes we do appreciate the effort that you and Mike put forth on behalf of all of us.

the unpinning here is a bug.

There was a pinning rule a few years ago. I don't know where the post is. basically, I won't pin more than 3 or 4 items at a time. too many pins is very annoying to view.

remember how the Burt Neilson Band is playing NYE at Maverick's? I can't wait!

wow, bouche, hux (?) and ms. hux, you totally read all kinds of nastiness into that that was entirely unintended.

here's where i was coming from - it's been clear to me in the past year that this really is bouche's website. that it's not a democratic kind of place. (and that's fine. it is what it is. i'm still here, aren't i?!) sure he takes feedback and all, but the calls are made by him. of course he pays the bills and puts the time in to make this happen and i think we all owe him some thanks for that. i know i've felt it at shows before and will buy him a drink. i hope everyone on here does on occasion.

i was just questioning why this post was so important as to be pinned (and i wasn't the only one who thought this was odd) so i asked. the conflict of interest comment was not meant to be taken personally, just to put the question out there for bouche and the moderators, but mostly for other users to think about.. ie. in a 'who is filtering the information you read' kind of way.

anyway, i'm really sorry to see such a defensive attitude and poor reaction :(