Jambands.ca

Nero comments and fact checking

zero

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would honestly say that the Slip and Friends with Lauzon was one of my favourite moments for Dave. I have really high quality DV footage of it I'll have to do something with sometime. You should have seen the informal jockeying that was going on backstage to get on that Slip and Friends bill - Crissinger was a culprit. I was duly impressed that Brad said to Dave after their set to a really small audience that 'you just played the best set of the weekend'. He obviously understood Dave's three T's as Guitar Player put it - taste, tone, technique. And Titties!

Holy Christ! Get that up on YouTube!!!!

my favourite nero moment was Graham's house party on the St. Lawrence in 2001 maybe.. everyone who was there remembers how epic it was.

If you're talking about the "Benefit For The Bus", it was April, 2002 in Rockport, ON.

After nero had done a set or two, it turned into an open jam. I think Jay said to me, "You have to get up and play, Brad." I replied that I didn't have any gear. "Hey, use mine," offered Dave. :)

Anybody remember the cookies at that party? "They were peanut butter flavoured?" was a quote of the weekend for me...

Aloha,

Brad

i don't know about career highlights or nuttin' date=' but the best show nero ever played was in montreal at le swimming when the breakfast couldn't make it.

those that know. know.[/quote']

It was one of the best nero shows I ever saw, I know that.

http://www.neroland.com/logs/logs/2004/012404.html

Aloha,

Brad

Brad, did you tape this show?

If so is there a copy out there?

It was one of the best nero shows I ever saw' date=' I know that.

http://www.neroland.com/logs/logs/2004/012404.html

Aloha,

Brad[/quote']

Brad, did you tape this show?

If so is there a copy out there?

No, I didn't. I took a break/chasm/hiatus from taping between the end of April, 2003 to about mid-February, 2004 (except for a show here and there, which I did with dave-O's help and gear), and not having recorded this show is one of my regrets for having been away from taping for those months. I recall somebody recording at least part of it, but don't remember the details.

Aloha,

Brad

The party in rockport is actually where B to the E to the E to the R was born.

Here's some history on the song. I wrote it in Kingston...drunk...and I think we were singing it all drunk in Rockport and Dave forgot how it went and modified it.

The original words were "B Double E-E R.... BEER!"

G C G D7

Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer

G C G C G D7

Beer Beer Beer Beer B double E E R - Beer!