Jambands.ca

The Slip will be a wonderful time

zero

Say what you want about Penguin boy but I feel like I owe the man a bit of an apology when I checked the Slip's tour dates on their site today. He's still a sardine eating motherfucker but he seems to have come through.

12/07/06 ::

Club Vinyl | Guelph, CAN @ Club Vinyl - Guelph, ON

12/08/06 ::

Pepper Jacks | Hamilton, CAN @ PepperJacks - Hamilton, ON Canada

12/09/06 ::

El Mocambo Club | Toronoto, CA @ El Mocambo Club (downstairs) - Toronto, ON

12/14/06 ::

Higher Ground | Burlington, VT @ Higher Ground - So. Burlington, VT

12/15/06 ::

Barrymore's Music Hall | Ottaw @ Barrymore's Music Hall - Ottawa, ON

12/16/06 ::

TBA | Montreal @ TBA - TBA,

Edited by Guest

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm wondering, though, how well they'll do in that room. If there's decent promotion (and, in particular, [X]press coverage), it could be good, but part of me thinks that room might be too big for the draw they have in Ottawa. (I guess I'm hopeful but not confident.)

Aloha,

Brad

The Lovely Feathers tour dates currently list

Dec 7 – Guelph ON TBA

Dec 8 – Hamilton ON TBA

Dec 9 – Montreal QC Cabaret Music Hall, w/Harlem Shakes & Jetplanes of Abraham

Dec 14 – Burlington VT TBA

Dec 16 – Ottawa ON TBA

so I assume they'll be on the bill in Ottawa.

Aloha,

Brad

Except that the Slip is booked on the 15th in Ottawa and the Feathers are booked on the 16th...

The Lovely Feathers will draw a lot of people, regardless if the Slip is playing or not, and they are a great live act. So I hope they are sharing the bill.

AD

I'm figuring that the Dec. 16 date was put on their website back when that was the Ottawa date (which Mavericks still lists), and now that it's Dec. 15, TLF haven't yet updated their website. (But I could be wrong, and it might be The Slip on Dec. 15 and TLF on Dec.16.)

Aloha,

Brad

the lovely feathers are opening up a lot of dates on the tour and the slip's website says this:

Fri. Dec 15, 2006

Barrymore's Music Hall | Ottawa, CAN

Doors: 9:00 PM | Show: 9:30 PM

Ages: 19+

Barrymore's Music Hall (MAP)

323 Bank Street

Ottawa, ON

The Slip plays in Ottawa with The Lovely Feathers and Land of Talk opening.

Artists: The Lovely Feathers, Land of Talk

I'm figuring that the Dec. 16 date was put on their website back when that was the Ottawa date (which Mavericks still lists), and now that it's Dec. 15, TLF haven't yet updated their website. (But I could be wrong, and it might be The Slip on Dec. 15 and TLF on Dec.16.)

Aloha,

Brad

Looks like that's the case. Hey, misinformation in a thread about the Slip. Funny that. :)

The Ottawa date and the Vancouver cancellation were just announced last night.

Date: Oct 30, 2006 9:39 PM

Subject MORE DATES ADDED IN DECEMBER | NEW RECORD IN 1 WEEK!!!!

Body: Due to a booking paradox, The SLIP have regrettably had to cancel their Vancouver show with The Lovely Feathers early on in the tour. No worries though as the band has also added a full run of shows in early December up in northern country with the Feathers, Land of Talk and Kill The Lights, immediately following two additional confirmed dates with My Morning Jacket. Boston's Bon Savants have also just signed on for a string of support dates in the midwest as well. Visit the calendar for more details.

THE SLIP'S NEW ALBUM, EISENHOWER, IS OUT IN ONE WEEK!!!!!!!!

I would really enjoy this whole thread if Canned fucking Beats were no where near it. I am still confused as to whether it's Feathers, or Land Of Talk or both or which on what date etc.

Fuck you're a douchebag Beats. I already apologized in my own way publicly and privately. No doubt.

you're a loudmouth luke.

Effective writer when the time is right.

I'm suprised that you didn't say 'serves you right' about the vancouver cancellation.

If I were promoting these shows and you berated me publically when you could have just waited for the truth to come to light I'd be wanting a real apology.

just saying that you should apologise misses the mark. Why not stand up and put forth a little humility when that 'penguin boy' deserves it?

So i push your buttons and i'm right.

i don't have anything left to say since i get no slip this tour.

fuckballs

Sorry you didn't get your show Beats. I know how frustrated I was when Ottawa almost didn't happen.

While I agree that wasn't a particularly good apology (if an apology at all) I for one dont think an apology is necessary.

When the organisation appeared shakey, people got concerned and spoke up. It wasn't without due cause. Everything has obviously been clarified and sorted out.

Not everything is clarified concerning Ottawa from my perspective.

Swifty, I thought that was a new and interesting way to point out that things were getting out of hand. It's pretty clear when a thread is about to turn into a 'back-and-forth'.

simply pointing it out, can likely defuse the boom.