Tue Feb 5, 2008 Panthers Maple Leafs 8 - 0 L

Thu Feb 7, 2008 Maple Leafs Canadiens 4 - 2 W

Sat Feb 9, 2008 Red Wings Maple Leafs 2 - 3 W

Wed Feb 13, 2008 Maple Leafs Sabres 0 - 1 L

Thu Feb 14, 2008 Islanders Maple Leafs 5 - 4 L

Sat Feb 16, 2008 Bruins Maple Leafs 3 - 4 W

Tue Feb 19, 2008 Blue JacketsMaple Leafs1 - 3 W

Thu Feb 21, 2008 Sabres Maple Leafs 5 - 1 L

Yup, those really look like the scores of a team that is purposefully trying to tank it. Other than the trouncing by the Panthers, this is hardly a pattern of a team completely giving up for the shot at a first round pick.

Edited by Guest

Since they won against Montreal and Detroit it shows that the Leafs are a good team. They are very tricky because they still win the home games to make fans happy, but lose the road games to have a worse record. I wish Betteman would step in. :(

They are 4 and 3 at home this month and 1 and 1 on the road. How the hell does that reflect the pattern that you spout forth?

Shit, I feel like i'm going to turn into Booche and lay out a few choice words for the idiocy in these posts !!!! 8O :D:P:/

BTW - ever get any of those fun side effects from your Plomox??? nausea, impotence, and anal leakage?? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fictional_medicines_and_drugs

Edited by Guest

Why do you have to insult me Kanada Kev? I thought that this site was full of phriends, and you're very negative. Not phreindly!

I live in Toronto, and I am very angry at how Toronto have purposely made their team worse over the years by trading drafts for second rate goalies. And now they bring in an old man to "make things right"?

I hope that they don't trade Sundin. He is one of the best players on the team.

So, Bryan McCabe invites all the Leafs to his house for a party. He asks

>Paul Maurice if he could bring the beer. The coach says no problem and

>loads up the back of his SUV with cases of beer.

>

>En route to the party, the coach is at a traffic light and the guy in

>the car next to him is blowing his horn and yelling GO LEAFS! Maurice

>smiles and waves.

>

>The guy yells over to Maurice: "Hey coach! What's with all the beer?"

>

>The coach replies: "Oh. I got it for McCabe."

>

>The other guy punches the air and cheers.

>

>"Great trade coach! Great trade!"

I really hope that the Leafs do not re-sign Sundin if he refuses to waive his no trade clause. Why would they want a player that has no interest in winning the Stanley Cup? I have no respect for him (or any other player) that doesn't want to be on a winning team. Waive the no-trade clause, try to win the cup, and then return to the Leafs in the off-season.

I really hope that the Leafs do not re-sign Sundin if he refuses to waive his no trade clause. Why would they want a player that has no interest in winning the Stanley Cup? I have no respect for him (or any other player) that doesn't want to be on a winning team. Waive the no-trade clause, try to win the cup, and then return to the Leafs in the off-season.

WHOA!!! No respect because he doesn't want to go to a winning team? You have got to be kidding me.

He's a loyal player...wants to stay with the team...He may be hoping and praying (not this year but soon), he'll actually be able to bring a Cup to Toronto...

I say kudos to him for not waiving his NTC...Obviously there is a reason that's in his contract.

I still can't beleive you feel that way..

He's a loyal player...wants to stay with the team...He may be hoping and praying (not this year but soon), he'll actually be able to bring a Cup to Toronto...

I say kudos to him for not waiving his NTC...Obviously there is a reason that's in his contract.

I still can't beleive you feel that way..

if he really is loyal to the leafs he would do what is best for the team, and that is letting them trade him for some prospects. he can then return to the team as he's a free agent at the end of the season.

he's comfortable in toronto and has no desire to win. what kind of competitor is that? i stand by what i said.

ALEX STEEN!!

A two year contract at less than two mill per season? Fletcher is working his magic already because Ferguson would have traded him away!

Steen sucks. Two more years of under-acheiving. This is the problem with the leafs. They try to force their Captain and best player out the door, while resigning a second rate player to a multi-year deal. Get rid of Steen, Raycroft, Wellwood, Tucker, Stajan, McCabe, Moore, Belak and Kubina but keep Mats as long as he wants to stay.

Edited by Guest