Jambands.ca

Go Leafs Go - Fan Forum

Kanada Kev

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raycroft probably won't get picked up. I can see Wellwood going, although he does have a fucked up foot right now. Wellwood has some fantastic skill, too bad he doesn't have the heart or desire to be a top player. He has got to be one of the most "bored looking" players out there. Good riddance.

Raycroft probably won't get picked up. I can see Wellwood going, although he does have a fucked up foot right now. Wellwood has some fantastic skill, too bad he doesn't have the heart or desire to be a top player. He has got to be one of the most "bored looking" players out there. Good riddance.

He was bored with the Leafs last season and wanted out before the season even started. A new time might spark him.

Bored, come on, you need to come up with something better than that. He is definately not a top tier player or an established player, he should be grateful to be playing in the NHL.

Sure he should but that doesn't stop the fact that he wanted out of TO. Most players once they get to the level of the NHL don't feel they should be grateful. They feel they have put in the time over the years and have the talent. They have been told over and over that they are the greatest thing since sliced bread. There is usually a lot of ego involved. Reality hits them all one day. Either they retire or better players knock them off the team.

This obviously isn't th same for every player but I would say for the vast majority.

Guest Low Roller

$1M cap hit is a fair chunk... That's the price you currently pay for a decent grinding fourth liner or a hot prospect on an entry level contract.

Guest Low Roller

That's true. The Leafs were in a no-win situation.

But can we really call all these buyouts 'JFJ's mistakes' if he had seemingly no control over the operations side of things thanks to the owners?

Yeah, that's a point I had been missing in all of this Whitey. So I suppose they are still saving money on the cap.......for now.

But can we really call all these buyouts 'JFJ's mistakes' if he had seemingly no control over the operations side of things thanks to the owners?

Didnt we go through this when he was fired?

$1M cap hit is a fair chunk... That's the price you currently pay for a decent grinding fourth liner or a hot prospect on an entry level contract.

Agreed.

But how about 4 million a year for a guy that had 34 pts?

That is not money well spent.

Agreed.

Tucker provided a lot of good times for the Leafs during his time. There was definitely something wrong with him last season though. Will he improve this year? Who knows, but I'd rather not risk it for $4million.

Everyone was screaming for them to clean house. Fletcher's doing it. Celebrate :) I'm getting drunk as fuck when the word comes out that McCabe is on his way outta town (even though he's becoming cheaper every year ).

The Leaves should be nowhere near the cap number for a few seasons if they are actually going to rebuild, go with mainly young players on entry level deals.

Heck, the buy-out numbers might even help them reach the cap floor. ;)

^^^^

LOL ... Man, I know he's got a cast on his foot, but does this guy look like a well-conditioned NHL player???? Kyle, good luck passing a physical if some team picks you up. If you don't sign somewhere, i'm sure your little blonde friend won't be around much longer either :P

n5033381275650219290vl6.jpg

Edited by Guest