Jambands.ca

Go Leafs Go - Fan Forum

Kanada Kev

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After 41 years of losing, the Maple Leafs have concluded after a five-month search that there is not a single person out there qualified and available to run their glorious hockey operation.

Nobody in the entire hockey universe.

So they've decided to make it 42 years and look again next summer.

Apparently, they're in no hurry.

Howard berger thinks Burke will be named new gm this summer...

"Though I respect those who reported on the issue earlier today, I don't believe a word of the story that Fletcher will be the club's GM during the '08-09 campaign. I've been on record for more than a month saying that Burke will be available to the Leafs before this summer is up, and today's "news" further cements that notion. This was nothing more than optics control by the Leafs, who are being scrutinized around the clock by the NHL office as it pertains to Burke. It looks good -- morally and legally -- for Richard Peddie to go public and extole the virtues of all the prominent GMs that will be lining up to take the Toronto job next summer. It deflects the spotlight from Burke, which is exactly what the Leafs should be making every effort to do. Up to now, the league cannot pin anything on the Maple Leafs, or Burke, in breach of tampering regulations. For Peddie to insist Fletcher will be his GM further removes the club from that danger zone."

I HATE the Leafs but sort of feel sorry for the fans. I don't think Peddie will go anywhere because of the money he has made MLSE...

but

I think they need the same idea they have for the Raptors. KEEP HIM AWAY FROM DAY TO DAY OPERATIONS!!! Hire hockey people and let them run the show!!!